What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Received my Tecsee Carrot order today, Tecsee’s AliExpress store sure spoiled me with those samples, so far from initial impressions:

The Carrots:

• Not Durock level of smooth but nice, seems like a step up from the Gateron KS8.

• Stem sticking out isn’t as long as the Tecsee Purple Panda (PP) but seem to still migate the north facing issue with my Ali Express sets (later this week I should receive the EPBT 9009 set if anyone is interested).

• It’s not void of spring ping/crunch, but at the price I got them I’m not complaining…

About the UWHMPEUHFHUW switches:

• Quite nice, Linear (Ruby) and tactile (Shapphire) seems to be smoother than the carrots.

• Shapphire is similar to the PP, similar profile but a bit heavier.

• the stem is softer and has the same feel “characteristics” as the Durock POMs, though I can’t determine by hand if they’re as smooth, probably not but who knows, IIRC they’re factory lubed.

• Stem isn’t smaller like the POMs and other UHWMPEDUEP stems but the

• Their stem isn’t sticking out.

• One of the Ruby switches has a tiny bump at the top as if it’s tactile, weird.

Coral switches:

• The main promotion of this switch seems to be it’s materials, Nylon stem and top, with PME bottom.

• seems to be sharper and heavier than both the PP and Shapphire.

• Stem is sticking out between the carrots and the Purple Pandas, really isn’t significant.

** I think it’s worth nothing something interesting I’ve noticed, while the PP pack I had had nice stem wobble keycap fit was pretty loose, resulting is some sets barely holding on the stem.
The whole switches in this package are super tight, maybe even the tightest fitting out of my collection (and I have U4Ts and Kailh BOX switches).

7 Likes

Interesting!! I’m actually getting more into linears lately so i dont mind at all. I’ll check them out too, i think i’ve come to accept i’ll never have a completely silent switch since i hate squishy bottom outs. Thud is OK, hopefully not a frequency my microphone picks up as much as my current swtiches haha.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense, it would sound kind of weird but to me even the U4 sounded weird because you could hear the bumpers (or maybe it was spring or leaf?) on the way down and up. Squish squish haha.

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve never seen that mentioned before but there aren’t many reviews on these bluish whites yet, your info has been the best yet haha!

Yeah i love them, i used to be a big holy panda fan but now i daily drive holy bobas and oil kings.

Sounds good! I can PM you!

1 Like

Oink :pig:

33 Likes

Yay, I love when stuff arrives earlier than expected.

• Mojo68 Pigeon (with Gat Yellow Pros)

Some more stickers for the collection:

• Akko CS Jelly Blues
  • Gateron Ink Kangaroos
  • Gateron Oil Kings
  • Kono Midnights
10 Likes

You’ll have to let us know what you think about those pigeon keycaps.

These stickers are too cool, sir.

3 Likes

hhkb hybrid type-s

its lovely

1 Like

Sexy Piggy!

1 Like

this is soooo sick man. jealous

1 Like

Seems like the tight stem is due to a mold change.

The Tecsee Carrot switches didn’t sound exactly like the Purple Pandas, opening them up reveled that Tecsee changed the stem from a round end to flat.
So now the sound it a bit different from the marbly sound it supposed to have.

This also explains why the stem is protruding less than the Purple Pandas.

Pictured:
Cyan stem - Tecsee Carrot
White stem - Tecsee Purple Panda
Cloudy (?) stem - Durock POM

4 Likes

There’s something adventurous/romantic about getting an overseas package with shipping labels and stickers in a foreign language (shipping box not pictured).

11 Likes

makes me wanna get a second for the hecc of it :smiley: same on the labels btw

3 Likes

Same. I’m always curious to see what kind of official symbols, stamps, and indicators a box will acquire on its trip across the world.

I’ve just learned to be careful when it’s ramen, tho.

This one time… Zero non-Korean characters and lots of :boom: :boom: :boom: imagery on the package… well. Let’s just say it was a memorable experience that made me aware of nerves I never knew my body possessed.

5 Likes

Do it!! Seems like a few (Japanese) sellers restocked this recently.

:joy::joy: I’m ded @Deadeye. Eating a mystery box of food takes guts.

3 Likes

Purple Gopolar screw-in stabs and KTT grapefruit. Wish it was the 5 pin version, but oh well. you win some you lose some. Still waiting for some leobog ice crystal and some leobog matcha switches.

6 Likes

I saw the Gopolar stabilizer popup on aliexpress, have you had the time to test them out yet?

i was able to give them a very quick test with no lube and no other mods. they seem to be pretty stable with little wobble. but there’s a lot of rattle so i would need to test them again with mods to see if that can be fixed.

3 Likes

These are neat and look sort of like a cross between PCB and plate mount designs. I always thought those four pillars of sorts helped stabilize things during off-key presses – especially for switches with wobbly stems. I’m for sure going to need to give these a go. Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

“Possessed” definitely emphasizes the past tense on those nerves. Hope you enjoyed them.

2 Likes

Not keeb related, but I got a fun NMESH shirt based on the D.A.R.E. ones from the 90s.

4 Likes