What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

:sunglasses: i tol u

Can’t really take credit for the prediction, though - as I mentioned a couple sentences later, Walkerstop was working on it years ago, and it was really only a matter of time.

On the one hand, I’m surprised it took this long - and on the other, it’s a pleasant surprise that it finally happened!

1 Like

Have you seen that Akko has their new keyboard models that come assembled. They have new akko stabilizers. They are for plate mounting. And they are double shot stems. They stole the idea from Mekibo))) ha.

It’s doubly nice to see when not only ordinary customers, buyers, write what came in the mail. But also shops like you.)

3 Likes

I agree with your views on the limitations of CAP Browns.

If you like having a bump greater than MX Brown but lesser than CAP Brown, you might also want to try Zealio V1. [They are on sale rn]

The stock 62 G springs are a little heavier than necessary, as they are intended to reduce bottom-out. I find you can get away with 60 G 14mm TX, which is closer to the 58.5 G you like with the Pewters. The Zealio V1 are better at post-travel than the CAP Browns.

1 Like

:rofl:

I share the same standards. Right on buddy.

1 Like

I hope so. I can’t do ortho, I tried.

2 Likes

Yup, I did indeed see them. The housing where the wire goes it seems to be full rubber.

First I’m hearing of the Iceberg Silent Rose tactiles. Any thoughts on how they compare to other silent tactiles (particularly Zilent v2 if you’re familiar with those)?

Ahoy! I’ve got some info for you in the form of an update to my old Informal Silent Switch Comparison post.

1 Like

I want to settle down with pewter for now - I like zeal switches in the past but they are expensive and still need lubes and spring swap. I am more interested in getting a good light tactile silent switches for work - right now, I am using stock silent gat brown haha

1 Like

Most of them are ANSI. ISO ones are few and far between in my experience.

1 Like

Not keyboard related, but I got the Steady Craftin enamel pin I bought from The Crafsman. Also some sweet extras.

6 Likes

So my brother-in-law, brother and nephew are all interested in the different switches as well, so we get a bigger bang for the buck. I will be maintaining a lending library of switches for a while as we zero in on what everyone prefers for different circumstances. I like to really live with something new for a while before I decide if it isn’t for me. I figure I can always resell any switch sets which we decide definitively no one likes.

3 Likes

The Maja v2 arrived today. Very happy with both sound and feel. Boba u4ts on a brass plate with gmk minimal r2.

9 Likes

Saw them here first. It looks soo beautiful and gorgeous.

I guess the fluorescent effect will look much more impressive at night.

5 Likes

A silver Tiger80 and some Shoko keycaps.

10 Likes

What’s the good word sir? The buzz around these and their new stem mold is interesting.

1 Like

11 Likes

Gemini F13 WKL in Stingray cerakote

14 Likes

Re: North Poles

I’m finishing up with the Nebulae (full written review soon), North Poles are next. Iceberg Roses after that.

5 Likes