What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

First time getting multiple things in the mail! These came in within about a week of each other, but I have been fighting COVID so I wasn’t really up to taking pics.

Ikki68 Round 2 - Fog color (kind of just came out like frosted poly-carb, which I am more than happy with). I got a FR4 plate with this one just because there are so many flex cuts, it seemed like it would be interesting.

Gingko68 - I joined this GB before the Ikki68, this will be my first gasket board. I am excited to try it. I was also initially interesting in this board due to all the chamfered and beveled edges. My idea was that these would provide a pseudo-super low front height. We will see, I am waiting on some 1.2mm TX stabs to hurry up and ship before I can build this guy.

12 Likes

I’ve kinda made finding stickers for switch jars into its own little hobby.

• Skyloong Rose Glacier*

• Kailh Box Silent Pink

• Gazzew Boba LT

• Everglide Moyu Black*

• Gateron North Pole*

• Kailh Box Crystal Pink

• Prevail Nebula

• Kailh Deep Sea*

*I'm tired of the multiple names thing.

It’s likely not even on purpose but an artifact of translation most of the time. Moyu Blacks are also called Dark Jades and some other similar variations. Skyloong Glaciers are also sold as Epomaker Icebergs; same thing. Other markets got multiple North Pole switches, color-named to corresponding spring weights; we got the “yellow” one. Deep Seas are also sold as Hush switches; there’s overlap but Deep Seas are usually the white POM-stemmed ones, and Hushes are usually the clear-stemmed ones - I hear the POM ones are a little better.

9 Likes

…iron165 smoke polycarb with stainless steel badge and accent weight.

Had to make a quick run home to grab it so only snapped one shot. Rest of the workday will be hell

6 Likes

I didn’t roll nearly as hard on the TX stabs as @Deadeye but I wanted to give them a go since I have a new 1.2mm PCB for the Kei. Those, plus JWICK Blacks. Again. They were alright before but I picked up some more with the hope of making them more memorable this time. I’m thinking a spring swap + maybe a thinner film to alter the sound profile slightly.

7 Likes

Dude, thanks for this tidbit of info. I was curious about this too. I noticed a slight difference in skirt heights, but like you mentioned, it’s not too bad and the proper case would totally fix it.

8 Likes

I still say the colors on this set are up there for my top 3 favorite of all time. They are just so harmonious and soft.

5 Likes

Agreed. I totally dig them and would probably overlook the most egregious manufacturing issues just to have this on my desk. I just picked some up from NK, but going in knowing I’ll need a case with slightly higher bezels is a very appreciated heads-up. Thanks again.

1 Like

This goofy thing

“GTMX” switches. I thought it said “GIMX” which would have been kinda fitting

These beeg switches use… this mechanism to make their click.

Ha, chonky buttons fun but hmm what novelties are going on those three slots there?

8 Likes

Surprised the Hebrew 21kb caps showed up today. They were supposed to be here tomorrow. I have no complains! Put them up on the small keyboard immediately. Here is a side-by-side look with the green arabic.

11 Likes

finally got around to opening it up, hopefully building this weekend

9 Likes

A custom headphone amp

17 Likes

Bought in June at the Aliexpress sale. Now the exchange rate has changed. I bought these 70 pieces cheaper than I bought 10 pieces in January.
Gateron Oil King

Summary

10 Likes

Today I Learned: Gateron classifies Oil Kings under the KS-8 line.

5 Likes

Damn, that looks cool. Its a dac/amp stack right? What are the specs?

1 Like

It’s a NuTube based amp. The bottom unit is its power supply. This reduces noise.

2 Likes

Ah cool - what do you power with these

New caps :partying_face:

10 Likes

So far I’ve only listened to my HD 800 S on them, but I will be listening to more of my collection over the weekend.

11 Likes

Nothing wildly exciting but a couple of fun tinkering projects nonetheless. Milky Yellows and Silent Blacks. The silent stems will end up in different housings for something approaching MX Zilents while the Yellows will get some tuning. And then I’ll have retooled housings to create something with! Whatever that ends up being, I suspect there will be diamond paste in my future.

10 Likes

Got this 43 Studio 4398 board in!

17 Likes