What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I have a few of their PBT sets now and I must admit, there’s problems. I’m definitely way more hesitant to pick up anymore these days. I do want that Classic Hangul set though, but that’ll be ABS.

1 Like

Personal preference, but I’m quite fond of shine and might consider picking a set up in the near future. I wonder what shiny PBT looks like…

2 Likes

Three bags of 21kb-goodness arrived today:

Two sets of Irish Classic Retro with green sublegends
One set of Classic Retro Black(Text)

11 Likes

Someone posted a rundown of PBT blends here not too long ago… anyway, it was very interesting, but the upshot is it’s possible they actually are a PBT/ABS blend to try to mitigate some of the difficulties shaping PBT. FWIW my PBT sets from NovelKeys, CannonKeys, and Omnitype feel fully PBT to me. I haven’t had any of them shine, but I haven’t been using them long enough to really tell, either. I would not be surprised if my Kinetic Labs set has some ABS, since they have a sharper sound and are very smooth, but I do really like them.

1 Like

Picked up some JWICK T1 tactiles based on @Deadeye’s recommendation. I agree with his assessment that they’re shockingly good in stock form and particularly so at $0.24/switch. They have strong, smooth tactility, great consistency across the switches, and sound great.

I should also note that I ordered these from Poverty Keys at 2 AM on Saturday and they were at my house by dinner time on Monday. Great experience with this vendor!

8 Likes

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the switches, @ListlessLlama!

The missing goodies from Kono have arrived.

• Romly’s super neato book in English

• Accompanying tester because it’s cool

• Nightcall switches; JWK silent linears with glowy stems

7 Likes

@chono mail! Carrots 60g for my TKL and a bunch of new merch from Type Nyoom. Forgot I also have to re-silence the board so wish me luck. Back to my #5 life…

9 Likes

Wow, great find.Those keycaps look really nice.

I hope it grows on you.

1 Like

Nice. Can you shows us more? I think I missed this.

With all the melting power connectors on the 4090 I’d say you made the right call!

5 Likes

IME, both unlubed, all but the most damaged SKCM/L ALPS switches feel much smoother to me than any MX switch. I don’t have much experience with SKFM & SKFL, but the little I do suggests that holds the same with them.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I realize it’s not a purist’s Topre board but it’s the first thing that’s gotten my Frog Mini off my desk since I built it so I think that’s saying something. I still can’t accurately describe the sound but I enjoy it all the same. It’d look lovely with a set of Ursa Minor or Major keycaps, though :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I got some Moondrop tactiles to try out!

9 Likes

It’s a little coffee table book with info about switches.

It’s pretty neat. They’ve made two so far.

14 Likes

Some JWK P3 stems, available on their own thanks to Wuque’s MM Switch line.

5 Likes

beautiful k2 hg finish

18 Likes

That book is BEAUTIFUL!! :heart_eyes:

I have some of those P3 stems as well as the UPE ones on order. Great idea by WS for those who want to really customize their own switches and not have to buy a bunch of switches they don’t want. :+1::+1:

1 Like

That board is so clean it almost looks like a render. :star::star::star::star::star: