What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Dude, I am so tempted to snag one of these 8ks, especially after looking at your pics! How do you like JC Studio? The desko + mint extension looks fantastic.

1 Like

The 8k would be a worthy addition to your collection, NGL. The layout is really growing on me, I’m almost ready to call it my favorite layout but there is a few I haven’t had extended time with yet. Like FRL TKLs & compact 1800s. The JC studios caps are actually awesome! Just as thick as any other top tier PBT caps, have a nice sound you’d expect from good PBT, no warped keys at all even the 7u was straight as an arrow, & the dyesub work is pretty good too. For the price you really can’t beat them IMHO (Maybe 21Kb, but they are about $20 more expensive on a set so…)! I’m sure there is some things we could nitpick the JC Studios sets for if you look over them hard enough. Although at $40 for a full set I’m willing to adjust my standards accordingly.

2 Likes

Yes, JC Studios is insane value. I actually received the same set that you did (bought it for a friend), and it was great.

I was kind of on the fence about Desko Black when CRP was running it, but for 1/3rd the price it is an easy sell.

There’s nothing really wrong with the keycaps, they just have less kitting and less ivory-like surfaces than CRP.

2 Likes

Switch day

Trash switches (Haimu linear) from CBKBD, XCJZ mustard green and Lucy switches (both by LICHICX I think?) from AliExpress. Ordered 2 weeks apart and arrived on the same day. :man_shrugging:

So far super happy with all 3

9 Likes

Got my two Archetype logo caps in today! Rocking the green one on my Frog now!

8 Likes

I put the Lucy’s in my stickerbomb’d IDABAO ID42 and I have to say, silent switches aren’t my first choice, but feel and sound great in that little package.

:+1: :+1:

1 Like

5 Likes

My 50% discount order from MyKeyboard.eu came today. JTK HSA WoB & BoW, InKey plushie and surprise stabilizers

JTK HSA had a lot less scope than I expected, even on the homing keys, it will take a while to get used to coming from AFSA. The WoB have more consistent text thickness than the BoW

I ordered the surprise stabilizers as it was only 5.5€ after discount and I got the Wuque Devoted OA Stabilizers v1. They have a lot less play than my Melgeek screw in stabilizers

8 Likes

Hyacinth V2 linears, made by HMX and designed by Sillyworks

This version is short travel / long pole, and there is an alternate called the V2U with full travel - light green stem is the short one, purple stem matching the housing is the standard one.

I got these a few days ago with a few other switches but I’m mentioning these because they’re the interesting ones: they are super stable while remaining smooth. I’m always surprised when a switch feels this on-rails and doesn’t have walls to help it stabilize. I’m impressed so far in the tester - time to put them in a board.

Edit: mfr is listed as HMX, but darn if these don’t look just like KTTs…

6 Likes

Hit the jackpot today! The keycaps are barely touched on this! Like no shine whatsoever, you can even still feel the texture on them. Just a little dirty from storage it looks like. Also it has a R5 bottom row! Never did I ever think I’d manage to find 2 sets of OG doubleshots that are basically brand new :exploding_head:. The G80-1800 I got a while back was NIB, but I paid for that LOL! This one I was fully expecting a heavily shined set on. The case is in pretty good shape too, just the lettering on the top is flaking off & a few very minor scuffs. Might make use of it, but it’s a 1000 case so no Cherry lip on it. Got the caps soaking now, think between the 2 sets I got I can fill out my Frog 8K!

Edit:

A little Janky on the nav cluster with all the arrows & 2 numpad keys, but between the regular ANSI & 1800 set I got I was able to cover this board!

12 Likes

SA Ramses kits. Light and dark alphas and mods + novelties.

Such lovely colors. They make me happy

11 Likes

Oh damn, that does look great! I was tempted to join SA Ramses, but passed cause I rarely if ever use the couple SA I got. Can’t wait to see it on one of your boards!

1 Like

@pixelpusher Your picture sells these SA keycaps better than those in the web shop. Thanks for burning a hole in my wallet :wink:

1 Like

2 awesome mail days in a row! Was surprised to see this at my door after work today, last I checked it was in customs hell LOL. Got lucky again too, this set seems to have some use but no real shine on the caps & they all are in good shape. The Alt Gr has a small nick it though (go figure, couldn’t have been the regular alt!). The case is super clean, just some dust & marks from storage. I’ll definitely be swapping my G80-3000 custom PCB into this case from the one I painted dark grey! Then I also got my shipping notice for GMK Hineybeige today. Forgot I ordered that & it’s kinda redundant now, but one can never have to many beige keycaps!

6 Likes

I have a gold Aaru TKL for sale if you’d like something special to put these on…

2 Likes

If @pixelpusher isn’t interested in that Aaru I would be in a week or two. Gotta let the wallet recover a bit after my vintage hunting spree on ebay the last couple weeks LOL!

Will do. Comes with hot swap and solder PCBs and an unused carbon fiber plate :slight_smile:

1 Like

What? Why are you selling it??

1 Like

You got dibs bud, he didn’t mention that. Just a board I wish I wouldn’t have passed on so I had to take my shot LOL!

1 Like

I never rotate boards in bigger than a 60. And there are bad memories associated with it (nothing with the board just a stressful time of my life). So partly personal and partly practical.

Also wasn’t someone here looking for trash switches? They are back in stock.

1 Like