What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Got 500 switch films & a sample switch in each weight of Arctos in from Kebo. I actually gotta email them as I only ordered 400 films, but an extra pack of black films got put in my package probably by accident.

4 Likes

Yeah it took a while to come in! I’m gonna be spring swapping my Kailh heavy berry switches as I realized they’re too heavy for me! It’s nice that they are in individual slots. I think I’ll just drop a dot of oil on each and then they should be good to go. I’ll report back once they’re built up!

1 Like

Nice. Ordered a couple just now, primarily for the ‘spring lube station’. ;-p

1 Like

Definitely not an ugly product. Probably still my prettiest board. Whatever you do though… DO NOT try to open this thing up to get go the stabs unless you are on a surface where you can find parts that fall out.

They have a ton of standoffs and washers for the pcb and plate. Managed to lose one of the standoffs, and then decided to call it quits there because I could see it was going to be a bit of a pain to put back together.

This is my first experience with SA profile caps, and I’m finding that I REALLY like typing on them. May be in the market for more SP and Maxkeys GBs in the future.

2 Likes

Yes! Another converted SA user!

1 Like

In addition to GMK Shoko, I also got 3 artisans from Eldritch keycaps. Two were the aliens intended to match SA Leviathan (which I also have on order). I decided to try one of them on my Cypher with SA Green Screen, and color-wise, I think it matches perfectly. But the artisan itself is a bit short compared to sculpted R1 SA caps.

I also decided to buy one of his “mutant aliens” which are sort of random experimental color ways, I guess? The one I got ended up being a very good match for Tai Hao sunrise.

4 Likes

Im a newbie. What are those and why do i need them?

1 Like

It’s snakeoil. You put them between the switch house top and bottom and it “improves” things, apparently.

They are switch films that go in between the top & bottom housings of switches. They’re used to tighten switches that have been opened back up. Contrary to what @monotux said, they are not snake oil. A lot of top housings will not fit back on as tight after you’ve opened a switch to mod it, that will cause the top housings to move when being typed on, which in turn will cause extra noise to come from your board when using it. Put these guys in those same switches though & it will solve that issue. @Walkerstop has a great video on here somewhere about it.

1 Like

FWIW, I got a few different weights of springs from TX and SPRiT a while ago and I wouldn’t say they’re very similar but I prefer TX’s. Just judging by comparing side to side I’d say the TX springs don’t have as linear a force curve, they are pretty light at the start and get heavier as you press down. Using them in jailhouse switches makes the switches noticeably more tactile. I have a few in some holy pandas at home that I’ll try comparing to sprit springs later.

I’d give my impression of the lube but I’ve never actually lubed springs before these. I did recently get in some krytox 103, 104, and 105 to compare with but I haven’t tried them yet.

1 Like

Wasn’t a big fan of Canoe before but after seeing it in person, I can really see the appeal.

15 Likes

:heart_eyes: that yellow

2 Likes

Yeah I love the yellow. I’m going to powder coat one of my new boards in RAL1003 which is very similar. Just gotta decide which one!

1 Like

Received my new MDPC-X cable with LEMO connectors from @pexon (his photos):

Endgame may not exist in keyboard form, but I doubt there’s a better cable out there.

12 Likes

https://imgur.com/e2Jz5CT

Silent ink x 70
Tokkipee BBQ - I don’t want to take it out of the package :<

6 Likes

Punchy pink. I might have to join the Bliss GB now…

@keyboardbelle wonder which nouvelle case these would go best with? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very nice! Yeah all Pexon’s cables are top notch! I really need to grab a MDPC-X cable with a LEMO connector & extra ends, I’d agree they are the best out right now. I’d also like to grab some sleeved PSU cables from them too, so I can get rid of the sleeved extensions I am using now. They really make cable management a pain in my PC case & I’ll be upgrading to a Ryzen 9 3900X & a higher end X570 mobo soon. So it would be nice to eliminate that headache if I can, LOL!

hey could you send me the link of that case?

https://shop.norbauer.com/products/the-norbaforce-cnc-aluminum-housing-for-realforce-keyboards
I think there will be another round in the near future, @norbauer makes them

2 Likes

I got MT3 Godspeed Aries kit today. My plus key is R0 profile instead of R1. Rip

4 Likes