What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Got my batch of KS-3 Gat yellows from Kinetic Labs & a bunch of springs from TX in today. On a quick comparison loose the regular KS-3s seem every so slightly smoother than KS-8 or milky/milky top KS-3s, but they all sound virtually identical to each other? I was thinking the milky & opaque tops would be made from a different plastic than the transparent tops, but it appears not. Weird, I was hoping for a slightly deeper sounding yellow. Still the same great switch though.

8 Likes

Awesome! Excited to see how you use these.

2 Likes

Today’s haul.
ePBT BoW, pro-micro, 2 soldering tip’s, tip activator, 2 deskmats

5 Likes

Thanks again to @davisthegreat of 3DKeebs for doing the giveaway; the 205g0 (and rad bonus sticker) came in yesterday.

7 Likes

Oh hey! More goodies from 3DKeebs. :3

• Milky Caps

• Gazzew Thocks

• Bonus stickers & sour candy :sparkles:

Neat. Can’t wait to mess around with these.

Edit:

Classic | Grey Poupon

13 Likes

I bought a UTD because I think it looks pretty. Terribly sorry if it comes across as supporting fakes, but I just wanted something that was silver, tkl, and looks absolutely sweet

12 Likes

Well it didn’t come in the mail. I picked up from local Target. If anyone is looking for one, they seem to be the most reliable way to get it. You can only get a Xbox (or PS5) by ordering for local pickup through their website. I think it stops scalpers and bots pretty well. I checked the website at 8am MT.

9 Likes

Got one of Zap’s new Deskmats and a couple of new cables on my desk, great quality as always.

12 Likes

glorious pandas and zealio v2s … i got some lubing to do today

6 Likes

Got some of these spicy mustard bois in yesterday as well and they’re pretty nice! I think I’m liking Holy Bobas more but they’re a great rounder thocky tactile imo

3 Likes

i have some silent u4 boba tactiles sitting in a ziploc bag, mind telling me how to create holy bobas? the idea of a frankenswitch sounds cool.

1 Like

You just need to swap the stock U4 stems out for Halo True or clear stems to make Holy Bobas. The spring can remain the stock one or be changed out for your preference.

2 Likes

Wait are UTD cases fake somehow?

Epbt Cool Kids finally came in!
One of my favorite sets of 2020 for sure

14 Likes

Geez that’s such a cool set.

They’re clones of the OTD 360c cases

So far I’m thinking the same.

Sound-wise, Thocks are probably the most unique stock tactile on the market right now. They do sound very similar to Holy Bobas, if a bit less aggressive on the clack - I’m a fan.

They also seem to enjoy a little more baseline smoothness / less leaf scratch vs the Holy version - I’m currently using mine dry to get a feel for them before I do any tuning.

For me though, I do prefer the sharper, more aggressive bump at the cost of that baseline smoothness - like the silent U4 stems, these have a bump that’s a little too wide for my preference.

4 Likes

Fantastic set !

Wow my head just read it as OTD.

That’s pretty devious!

BKE Redux Heavies!

16 Likes