What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Gazzew Boba LT (Linear Thock)

Specifications:
Available in: 55g / 65g (Bottom-Out Force)
Base Style: MX with RGB Slot
Thocky Linear Switch
Long Pole Stem
Korean Stainless Steel Springs
PCB Mount (5 Pin Housing)
Light Lube on the Spring Base and Leaf

strong friction of the stem. the ends of the stem and the spring of the lower part are lubricated.

13 Likes

Got a Heavy Grail back from the Powder Coat shop and got it built up. The color looks amazing though Iā€™m trying to figure out what keycaps will work with it

30 Likes

Their facility is about 20 minutes from me and I so, so badly wish that I could drop in and just watch them machine parts for a while. The clips they post of it on Instagram are fascinating.

1 Like

Haha, I was curious about it because I grew up in the area as well. Not sure where exactly they are now but the office address on Creedmoor they used to list on their website was less than 10 minutes from my parentsā€™ house, I used to drive past there all the time. I really hope I can eventually own a keyboard made in my hometown :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Same! That address seems legitimate given the other types of businesses over there. Iā€™ve toyed with driving by just to see if thereā€™s any sort of sign or anything. And Iā€™m 100% with you - having a keyboard of that level of renown and craftsmanship that was made here would truly be special. We can always dream and maybe one day weā€™ll get lucky in a raffle!

1 Like

I believe for this round of No. 1 TKLs, they partnered with C3 Equalz (in China?) for manufacturing.

1 Like

What keycaps are in this shot? Iā€™m always on the hunt for icon mods with Topre stemsā€¦

These are MT3 e2048 so theyā€™re not Topre stem. KBDFans does sell a Topre stem version of e2048 though (not high profile like the MT3 set though)

1 Like

Wow that highlighter yellow really pops!

Thanks! The topre stem 2048 is ā€¦ not great

2 Likes

ouch. is that the stem thatā€™s turned 90 degrees on an 87u?

I do have that set and while itā€™s not great (same gaps between keys) I didnā€™t have anything with that much twisting.

Yeah, itā€™s the weird rotated Ctrl. Guess I should be glad they included it at all instead of complaining.

1 Like

Wow! Hm - maybe Night Runner or something along those lines?

13 Likes

Technically got this in the mail the other day haha. Seaweed Green Sat75 coming soon! Canā€™t wait.

11 Likes

I will try this tomorrow! Caveat being that the set doesnā€™t have the appropriate spacebar (unless the R1 renders were wrong).

thx! youā€™re a aesthetically minded kinda guy. What would you pair with this type of yellow?

When I look at it I think of the Vampire Weekend line: ā€œSheā€™d never seen an A-K in a yellowy day-glo displayā€

Picked up this silver Tada68 case this morning. Rest of the parts in transit. Iā€™m considering building this up with Holy Pandas made with translucent Panda housings that are on the way.

8 Likes

Secret lab titan chair arrived a few days ago. It is a pretty nice upgrade from my previous chair.

17 Likes

Got my Novelkeys mystery switches today. Gateron Yellows! Not bad for the price but I probably wouldnā€™t have ordered them intentionally. Still good to have on hand though since I donā€™t have any other 5 pin switches.

4 Likes

surprise weekend package. melgeek dior screw in stabs, some plate foam for 60% because i want to see if it makes a big difference and some pbt doubleshot sky dolch set i found pretty interesting because of the unique legends. they seem pretty sharp and mostly consistent and pretty decently thick for the price. those were less than 30 bucks.

5 Likes