What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

From Covid or the unboxing? (I bet someone else has asked this already…lol)

2 Likes

A build from recently received supplies: Feker Mengmoda keyboard, KBDFans Yellow on Black / Gray keycaps, and (yesterday) I finally received my Clickiez switches.

I have a bunch of other things that I’ve received recently, but the Clickiez excited me enough to do a build last night. :wink:

10 Likes

Alright! Time for some science.

So far, I’ve found that 205g0 flows through an 18ga dispensing needle just fine, but 206g2 and the blend offer too much resistance for me to feel like I could control the flow carefully, so I switched to 14ga for those, which seems to work well.

10 Likes

[ melody from Under Pressure ]

Lights, lights, baby

8 Likes

Very nice. Looking forward to the results!!

2 Likes

From Covid. She was mostly just confused by the unboxing and my excitement over it. though to her credit she sat and watched the whole time, and asked some questions. In the end when I asked her if she better understood my keyboard hobby she said:

“Kind of. I thought you were just in here putting keyboards together like lego pieces”

Which in some ways isn’t too far off I guess. I may try to get her watch some of the assembly.

1 Like

Especially if the PCB has hot swap sockets… Soldering switches is a bit more involved.

That’s what I thought… I just had to make the joke because of the way you phrased your original post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love these and want them but I’m pretty sure they’re OOS in this colorway :frowning:

It was sheer dumb luck I got these. I just happened to check and they were available. One of the kind users on this forum also let me know.

So if I happen to stumble upon them being available, I’ll give you shout.

1 Like

Ah ha! I feel like I may have just found and ordered these for $39.40! (first Aliexpress order, fingers crossed) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003935785708.html

2 Likes

So… I can’t believe it, but today I’ve received the Gateron Cap v2 switches…

A mail alert got me confused as I wasn’t expecting any mail, package even had the same tracking number as the dog bowls, very weird, but great.

7 Likes

I low-key like the golden bois more than Oil Kings. >.> :butter:

1 Like

These have been at my sister’s place for a week, and now they’re here: Zeal Clickiez.

The site lists different weights now, but these are marked as 60g and 100g.

For a pack-in candy, Coffee Crisp seems pretty appropriate. Crispy!

8 Likes

Hol’ up. You’re just going to drop a hot take and leave it at that?!

2 Likes

Well I need to try them first - which I’m doing now.

First impression: move over, Box Navy

More detailed thoughts in a few hours. :slight_smile:

Edit; here’s a quick unlisted video to tide you over:

Don’t mind my yardwork hands and ZZ Top in the background…

Edit edit; - the switches analogized to Dark Souls weapons:

Either weight in linear mode:

washing_pole

60g click mode:

Club

100g click mode:

large_club

60g tactile mode:

great_club

100g tactile mode:

dragon_tooth

13 Likes

I got to try these at a meet up the other day, I was really impressed. Sound was good, I liked the click sound. Not sure how it would come across in an office, a meet up is pretty noise-y and chaotic. Tactile event was nice too.

I am all for a non clicky version with maybe the tactility dialed down a tad. Not sure if that is in the works for Zeal or how long it might take, but here is hoping :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I bet there are other ways to mod them to be tactile (not clicky) - say, putting some leftover foam padding where the leaf hits the housing… lots of fun fiddling potential with these.

Stop reminding me that I missed a deal on these!

1 Like

So, not being a Dark Souls player, I don’t get that reference. But I can say that my impression using Clickiez in the keyboard I built last week is pretty favorable… It’s to the point that I am torn between the 60g Clickiez and Box Jades.

So far, the only distinguishing factor (aside from sound) is that Clickiez have more East-West wobble than Box Jades. North-South wobble the Clickiez seem to be a tiny bit more solid than the Box Jades.

3 Likes

The coffee crisp was really good but I expected more coffee flavor. Maybe you are supposed to dip it in coffee?

3 Likes