What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Got some blue inks in today (although I ordered 70 and think I want to put them in a tkl…) and they came with one of the “gater ron” stickers. I’m usually not into putting stickers on things but this one is pretty great tbh

3 Likes

I want the Gater Ron plush they have

1 Like

Let us know how they are, when you get a chance. I’m hoping they’ll be at least a step above the usual blues cause of the tighter tolerances.

Me too!

Do it haha

I’ll definitely put some thoughts together when I have a chance! I gotta see what I have on hand to compare them to, I’m not so much into clicky switches these days. I saw @Lesbian suggest putting J-spacers in them somewhere, I actually bought them intending to try that.

1 Like

I’ll probably end up adopting a Gater Ron sooner than later if they stay in stock, LOL! Oh cool to hear that you are planning on jailhousing them! I’d be more interested in those results than the stock one TBH. Although I would like to know a little about the stock feel & sound if you get the chance, Anyways thanks in advance for when you get to putting your thoughts up about the blue inks!

GMK WOB from drop
Punchy springs 58.5g
Sprits springs 62g

Brutal60 navy blue

Also got these a few weeks ago

10 Likes

I don’t know why but I really like that moon artisan!

Because it’s simple yet has a lot of detail, maybe. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it posted on Sodiecaps Instagram. They are hitting it out of the park with this one.

More things for upcoming projects: English AEK keycaps for a Lunar 65% (until I can find JP AEK caps) and Aliaz 70g (for an Acrylice once the new Alice PCBs ship).

2 Likes

Got my winnings from JAK’s Newlyweds Old sculpts sale yesterday! I somehow managed to hit a win for as many as you could get (4)! I really was just checking the box saying I’d take 4 to increase my odds of getting one or two LOL! Anyways I got a Peek & Koda in the Honeymoon Dreams colorway & a Birb & Spooder in the Terminal Attraction colorway. The Birb & Kota would be my favs out of the 4, but they are all awesome sculpts I’ve wanted on off for awhile now. I tell you this much, this was a hell of a way to kick off my JAK collection! Oh, also you gotta love their packaging! :sunglasses:

P.S. Sorry about the potato phone pics… :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

E6.5 that I cannot build yet because I forgot to buy stabs. Fiddling with the gasket setup is quite interesting though!!!

11 Likes

Oh my! Mine is just about the same colors, looks beautiful! Unfortunately I am in the 3rd wave of shipping so mine is still with E right now. Soon though! Anyways enjoy the build & post the finished pics!

1 Like

Forgot to take a picture, but I got 150 0305-2 sockets for my jj50 build I will be doing soon. I couldn’t wait for another drop to use a preonic-like board.

No more guessing at colours. Time to design some keysets!

14 Likes

Hey I know this is a big ask, but would you be interested in brainstorming with me at some point! I’ve always wanted to get into design sets & have a few ideals that may be better than I’m giving them credit for!

2 Likes

Got my Lost in Spacc Crescent cap from SodieCaps (thanks for the Hi-Chew & sticker!) in today! Beautiful colors & sculpt, plus I really like the fact it’s mostly a Cherry blank!

I also got a SA Pulse R3 Icon Hobbyist (Micons) kit that I found on r/mm in today to. Really happy with the way it makes SA Pulse look, I’d say it almost breathes new life into the set! Definitely a sleeker look than the regular lettered modifiers IMO.

Edit: Wow this was a damn good mail day, my DCS Toxic set ended up showing up also! Although I do have to contact the seller cause there are a few issues. The seller is French so it is probably just a misunderstanding on one of our sides. I was expecting to get the base kit (has black mods & Toxic stripe), the Toxic mods, numpad kit, & toxic tsangan kit. What I got was the base alphas with the shy kit (black num row), toxic mods, numpad kit, Toxic tsangan kit, & a whole bunch of random keys. Some not even mentioned in the GH page for the OG GB? Oh well, it’s not really a big deal as I did get great value for what I paid for all of this & I am not mad about it, just kinda want to know where we got lost in translation, LOL!

9 Likes

That toxic set is awesome!!!

1 Like

Thanks! They already got the denture tab treatment & are drying out as we’re speaking. So pics of them on some of my boards should be coming in soon!

Got a GMK Minimal extra, but it’s going right back out the door. I’m no longer planning a board for it and I need funds to pick up a soldering iron for my incoming Lunar AEK 65%. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

HammerWorks CRP Desko keyset with just enough extras to cover Tsangan:

I haven’t checked yet whether any keycap is missing but the quality is excellent, marginally definitely better than EnjoyPBT. I never had BSP before but this appears to be closer to EnjoyPBT in appearance, feel, and texture than the original BSP Desko set. But, unlike EnjoyPBT, no warping. Bot spaces are flat as they can be.

Other than making me wonder if there is such a thing as packing fetish, HammerWorks CRP is very recommendable even with high chance of delays in future GB if they can keep up the level of quality.

UPDATE: Replaced the word “marginally” with “definitely” because CRP feels noticeably better in-use than EnjoyPBT. Feels more solid in a way I can enjoy a lot.

UPDATE2: Nothing appears to be missing. I put them on my second favorite keep of the month, one of the caseless one. I did order a B-stock Tofu this morning ($66!) but this one will stay caseless until I get sick of the feel.

5 Likes