What did you order or think about ordering?

Ordered some Gateron Cream Soda switches from KeebHut. They only had 2 x10 sets in stock but should be enough for in-use comparison with Cthulhu set I’m making. I dislike shortened key travel but willing to make exceptions when it’s worthwhile.

Has anyone tried making BCP or Cthulhu using Box Ink bottom housing? I’m making do with Ink V2 housing but I am looking for a replacement bc it’s been through a lot and leaf noise is just manageable.

2 Likes

I have made Cthulhus with both the Ink V2’s as well as the Box Inks.

I have recently found the most inexpensive way of making them by replacing the spring and stem in the Gateron UHMknown switches with the long-pole POM stem of your choice. They have an Ink bottom and the top housing is the same Nylon as their milky top switches.

I really like Geon’s Cloud Sliders.

I also have Cream Sodas that I have lubed and filmed. I haven’t had a chance to do a serious side-by-side comparison, but just initial feel and sound, the Cream Sodas still have the legendary Gateron stem wobble…

This way, you have some UHMWPE stems to use in another Frankenswitch, you are only out the price for one set of switches, and the colorway is pretty nice as well.

3 Likes

For BCP’s, I liked Quad-H’s H1 bottoms manufactured by JWK. Looking online for polyamide switch housing components doesn’t return much more than the H1’s and the WS MM blue switch bottoms which are also made by JWK and just listed as “Modified Nylon.”

I have not tried the MM switch bottoms yet…

1 Like

Like @donpark, I ordered WoB MTNU. I liked all three colorways but the budget only allowed for one. If you’re on the fence, it’s almost certain there will be extras and new colorways in the not-too-distant future.

3 Likes

Great tips. Thanks.

Stem: I made RO-59 coated sets of NK Cream and Kailh Black V2 stems so I’m good here other than possible need to taper the Kailh Black V2 stem poles for better fit.

Top: I’ve both spare New Nixies and Gateron Milky and tested both. Found that bottoms of both sound pretty decent with Ink Top so also good bottom housing wise.

Botton: Box Inks route appeals to me bc Oil Kings also have Ink bottom but sounded slightly higher pitched thank Inks.

1 Like

I had used the Kailh Burgundy stems up until the Geon Cloud stems. I also have a bunch of the tapered Kailh black stems in a jar if you want them.

Posted about the Kailh Burgundy vs NK_ Cream Dream stems while back over here, and a fast and dirty comparison of the Burgundy stems vs. the Geon Black/Zaku/Cloud stems here.

1 Like

Thx. Bookmarked both. Useful stuff.

2 Likes

Got a few sets from 21kb. One on sale and free shipping. Figured why not

3 Likes

Polishing them XMI keycaps, changing texture to your taste and smoothing out edges, will make a night and day difference.

2 Likes

Ordered a set of Ink Black v2s from LumeKeebs.com.

Use the coupon code FIREWORKS10 to get 10% off on all items. Sales end on July 5th.

1 Like

I considered them, but I really don’t need any more keysets.

1 Like

For me it’s a space issue, I simply don’t have anywhere to store them :rofl:. I already have more keycap sets and packs of switches than I do keyboards, so while I’d absolutely love to have one (or more) of the MTNU sets, I’ll have to wait.

1 Like

I copped for MTNU! HARD! why choose when you can get both :joy:

4 Likes

Last night I couldn’t sleep so I ordered GMK Handarbeit from DailyClack when it was on clearance sale, and just recently I bought more TX Stabs V3 from Minokeys since they are also on sale.

3 Likes

Ordered some no-name “V2” stabilisers from Aliexpress for little money.
I wonder if they will be any good. At least, they look OK. Comments are more than welcome.

3 Likes

Got some Durock Blue Lotus on the way. I’ve been trying to play around with T1 style bumps more lately but all the newer generation medium-heavy tactiles tend to be 3.5mm or under in travel and I like having at least 3.6mm. The Blue Lotus combines long pole with recessed center and manages to do 3.7mm of travel as shown here in this video, which is just a little bit less than the standard 3.8mm of regular T1s.

I’ve had regular T1s and JWICK T1s before and I could’ve gotten a new set of those, but I figured I want to try some of the newer design switches since T1s are still the same switches as from 2021.

2 Likes

Ordered 4 more vials of RO-59 from RingerKeys to coat Class60 EC kit with. More than needed but I’m not yet done experimenting with the stuff so. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Ordered a set of Vertex V One switches bc I got curious about its bottom-out sound being “surprisingly soft”. Price is nice too.

1 Like

Ordered a retro keycap set with a fair price

1 Like

Recently ordered the Hibi June! I usually don’t go for 60% but the silicone case is very interesting and was pretty affordable with a nice purple color.

5 Likes