What did you order or think about ordering?

Ordered a set of KTT Monochrome Onyx on sale at Dangkeebs bc I’ve been on light-tactile binge lately yet don’t have a tactile with “plateau bump” like that of Onyx. Yes, I’ll be coating them with RO-59. While RO-59 works well on both linears and tactiles, it adds something extra to tactile bumps, feel of which is starting to grow on me.

I’m not a fan of PC/PC housing so I’ll likely use another housing, perhaps Kailh Black v2 housings which I have plenty of.

1 Like

Ordered a pair of WT60-H1 PCBs from Mekanisk. I usually use Instant 60 from CannonKeys but I picked up a Fjell last night which led me to notice Mekanist were selling them at lower-price ($49) than Instant 60 ($60). Got two to offset shipping ($18). This will be my first Wilba PCB which I’ve heard great things about.

4 Likes

Joined MTNU keycap GB at NovelKeys, going with WoB. I think this one’ll become a classic.

5 Likes

I keep debating between WoB and Beige; I like them both, but I also want the “Addon” set and maybe the CMY accent for WoB but I don’t want to drop $300. Decisions…

3 Likes

It makes total sense to me with novelties and all, but the addon kit price is a big oof next to the comparative steal of the base kit. I think they’re divided-up sensibly.

Philosophically, is a Space Invader cap worth $45? No. Do I want it enough to spend $45 on it? Yes. I couldn’t decide between Susu and WoB - I got the WoB base, and the Susu one with the addon & monotone kits. How could I not? For me, these are the most anticipated keycaps since, well… the original MT3 Susuwatari. I’m stoked.

Looking at that CMY accent kit makes me realize there are at least two very distinct camps about what “cyan” means, ha. When I think about “cyan” I think about process cyan - in the world of printing, that’s the “C” in “CMYK”. This color is closer to the NovelKeys logo (or accent color used here on KeebTalk), rather than the bright aqua / blue-green that seems to be the more widely adopted interpretation:

cyanprocess 3255-C

4 Likes

Thought about getting MTNU Susu, but I couldn’t justify rebuying Susuwatari when I already have the MT3 version. I’m not even sure I’d like a shorter profile (MT3 is as short as I feel like I can go) and there’s no Amiga key novelties. :rofl:

Looked at the other colorways, but I already have too many WOB and beige sets to need another of either of those.

Holding off instead for the supposed imminent rerelease of SA Retro.

1 Like

I haven’t joined a preorder or Group Buy for keycaps in over a year… maybe closer to 2 years. I’ll just wait for extras as usual. :rofl:

Plus, I’m currently paying for a swimming pool in my back yard. It’s bonkers how much that shit costs.

2 Likes

Im thinking about ordering more of the 104 count switch holders for my collection but at the same time Im really thinking I should just do what Thermingoat did and get some massive holders made

2 Likes

The MT3 Susuwatari and MTNU Susu is a bit different in color because of GMK doing a great job color matching against the RAL colors

Picture by matt3o from his discord on MT3 susuwatari vs MTNU susu

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I know Drop did awful color-matching against the original intended design. That was one reason I was considering getting Susu, although it’s just not a $200+ difference for me. I still love how it looks like it’ll turn out this time.

2 Likes

MTNU susu looks 100g heavier than MT3 susu. Nice.

2 Likes

I was shocked by the add-on kit pricing as well. Going to $55 for the “regular” price would completely remove it from my consideration. Hell, if this is all introductory pricing, in the future all of these kits may surpass my plastic spending threshold. I’d like to support the project in general, but I’ve stopped my blind / early adopter purchases at this point in the hobby lifecycle. I think I’ll wait till we have some reviews and are past the basic colorway rodeo before I let fomo take over.

2 Likes

I’m more into sound than look so usually get only the Base kit to minimize regret exposure.

2 Likes

Way too many switches, to be honest. As always.
I still want to get the linears from g-square, the ones made by graingold. i’ve had them on my to-buy-list for a while but never pulled the trigger. Also some of the weird LCET switches just because i like weird and obscure switches the most. Some Jixian are also on that list. and i’m hunting down Yusya full nylon switches, but they aren’t easy to find, it seems. for the same reasons, too.
And there are also some chinese GB switches that i kind of want to get. like the “paradise island” switches, because they have an interesting material combination. POM bottom, nylon top, LY stem. not sure what manufacturer, but i’m fairly certain it’s BSUN.
Also some “grid” half silent switches. i don’t have any half silents in my collection yet.
And i also still need to get the BSUN raw. i just like BSUN switches, and these seem to be high up there on the list of good ones.
and that was basically just scraping the iceberg. my money is just melting away.

3 Likes

I randomly received a single LCET Debbie in an order and it seems quite pleasant as medium tactiles go. I’d be interested to read your impressions if you do get some of their switches.

3 Likes

MT3 Darkness - originally the page said PBT Doubleshot, then it was corrected to ABS Doubleshot and I lost interest LOL

1 Like

Is there any real double shot PBT? so far every double shot PBT set I’ve encountered have been ABS and PBT blend and had shining after a while, though I do not own any of them.

PBTfans and Akko’s both sets seems to shine, albeit later than regular ABS sets.

3 Likes

The upcoming MTNU sets from GMK are supposed to be pure doubleshot PBT.

7 Likes

Before I was intrigued, now I’m hyped.

3 Likes

yep, I’d like to try MTNU out at some point. of the 1st wave that is up for preorders, Beige (with 9009-ish accents) looks the best to my eyes but Susu has the Jiji key hahaha

1 Like