What did you order or think about ordering?

I had signed up for LM60 GB but I didn’t find the payment request until today (spam folder). Made my payment and expecting it to arrive soonish.

While it’s a Sangeo60 clone of sort, I liked its simple style and the fact I can readily find plate and PCB for it. I’d have preferred a 7 or 7.5 degree case but 6.5 is not bad.

Color black. WK, I think I ordered POM plate with it. Planning to pair it use Instant 60 with it.

1 Like

Very, very early this morning but man I’m excited about it!

10 Likes

Wow, looks super nice. Let us know how it is!

1 Like

I am really looking forward to getting in on the next round. According to Frog he has 1600 in his warehouse and has ordered 500 more. So they should be popping up regularly. I was not impressed by the color selection this round. Purple was the nicest, but I already have too many.

Please post a mini-review when you get yours built!

Does anybody know if this will be available monthly-ish, kinda like the Frog TKL?

Ordered Akko POM Brown switches today. Relatively cheap version of NK Cream w/light tactile stem. I was tempted order a few hundred Wuque POM housings from Cannon Keys bc they’re generally good bottom housings for modding but decided to hold-off to wait for more reviews.

As to why, combination of full POM housing + long-pole light tactile stem + case w/7+ degree angle case seems to offer a very pleasant sound and feel to me. It’s low-pitched thocky sound with almost linear feel (legs have to be lubed for this) a tad more defined tactility at the top just a small step beyond what slow long springs offers.

NOTE: Your mileage may vary. I found that FLCMMK Ice Mint bottom housing with NK Cream top housing sounds lower-pitched than full NK Cream housing, full Ice Mint housing or NK Cream bottom housing with Ice Mint top housing. So I’m not certain if Akko POM Brown will bring same sound and feel as this frankenstein I found enjoyable. I found that POM housings are generally more useful in modding than other material housings so risk is low IMO.

2 vintage keyboards.
One NMB with grey space invaders. the listing didn’t say if they were linear, tactile or clicky, which is a shame, since these can come in all variations even with the same colors. But i would be fine with them either way.
And another one with SMK vintage linear with black long stem. I’m not sure if i want to keep them in the original keyboard or if i want to remove them and use them in a modern chassis.
I’m still debating if i should get PBTfans Resonance, some shenpo sets or OTC modo light/9009. Also still trying to get some Alps switches, preferrably in a vintage board with keycaps. But 99% of them are white alps and so i would have to linearize them.

5 Likes

I ordered a 1.0mm CEM3 Galatea PCB for my KFE CE and I’m really excited to try it out. I’ve been looking for a CEM3 PCB for a while and this one is thin af AND supports 10u PCB-mount stabs! :exploding_head:

I also joined DCS Alps WoB, it’ll be the perfect fit for my half-plate Green Alps build.

4 Likes

Got in on the XOX70 GB. Went with the burgundy :+1:

3 Likes

Got the PBTfans Klein Blue Katakana. It was just too good, better, and more unique looking than Striker IMO.

Base: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004799527724.html
Kits: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004799577577.html

12 Likes

oh wow, that looks amazing.

1 Like

Dang, that’s really nice. I really love the translucent effect and that’s really subtle.

Funeral services for my wallet will be held next Tuesday evening at Winding Stairs Natural Park trailhead. Please brings semi-formal attire for cool weather; snacks will be provided.

y tho

From what I can tell, a large portion of products on Epomaker’s site range from slightly to wildly overpriced - and there’s a good chance this keyboard is among them. At the end of the day, though, it ticks all the boxes in one of my few as-of-yet un-filled “I want this” columns, and to a more complete extent than any other (currently available) keeb.

I will be reviewing the Class80 as a user once I’ve had some time with it, but I don’t expect to be recommending it at this price. (That shipping is a gut-punch!) I’ve lurked the GB page long enough to get mail there, so while I do think I’m likely to be satisfied (even for such a heavy wad of dosh), I’m not about to call this a good deal so much as a personal decision with built-in cognitive dissonance. Ha! Said another way, I’m expecting to enjoy it, but not expecting to be impressed.

Basically, I don’t want anyone taking my decision to buy it for myself as an endorsement / recommendation of the GB. :stuck_out_tongue:

In spirit of the retro aesthetic, I’ve decided this will be my first plateless build. I’ve got some of those retro-colored Gateron X switches on the way that I think will fit perfectly. I did pick up a spare hot-swap PCB and a more firm plate just in case I want to fiddle around, but I’m seeing the plateless soldered configuration being the suit this one wears most of the time.

8 Likes

Man, I’ve spent too much in the past few months or I would have done it. I hope it’s epic. I also hope there are extras at some point :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Scored a Pink TGR x Linworks Dolice and GMK pink on navy today.

Gotta decide what stabalizers and switches to use on this end game level build :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Those are stunning!

I’m going to unfairly blame @fatalruin for this one but I finally caved. It’s genuinely beautiful and despite the cost I’m still super excited about it so I think that tells me that it was the correct decision.

5 Likes

Totally my fault, lol. Give me the deets: color, layout, plate?

1 Like

Haha I don’t blame you! I made my decision. But! I went with a Dusk HHKB and a full PP plate. I love how the PP plate on my Prophet sounds and the sound tests that I’ve heard were lovely. Justin seemed to indicate that this was one of his favorites too.

What plate did you go with? I know you got the same color in WKL. The compatibility with standard PCBs (and the promise to release plate files) are what tipped me. That’s massive, imo.

2 Likes

I went for the full PP as well :wink:. I really wanted the HHKB version, but convinced myself to go with the WKL because I figured owning four boards in that layout were enough. Totally went back on it today, and edited the order to HHKB, lol. I thought that if I downsized the collection one day, the Moment would probably be a keeper and potentially my only HHKB layout board. And my unreasonable side reminded me of Justin’s potential future run of the Derivative which I would snag in WKL (maybe the only layout?).

I agree with you as well, that the board is a compelling purchase due to it’s use of the H60 footprint with distributed plate files. Knowing that you’re not out a limited run board if the PCB dies is very comforting.

1 Like