What did you order or think about ordering?

Black Sesame switches - I’m becoming a lot more discerning about which switches I pick up these days, and these easily pass the filter. Smooth, solid, and they sound great.

Another Megalodon (DOIO) macro pad thing. Do I need this? No. Will I enjoy having it on my desk? Heck yeah.

5 Likes

After much deliberation, finally got a set of GMK WoB. 70 bucks isn’t too shabby, ay?

7 Likes

Funny you mention GMK WOB because I just ordered a Double shot WOB set from Yong Qiu, plus a 35 pack of Cap v2 gold (I got a free 35 pack from AE).

Looking at review photos the set looks pretty great for its price, ABS (first time) and fantastic legends.

I would have gotten GMK WOB but it would cost me almost 8 times more, plus I like the clone’s modifiers better (logos instead of words).

1 Like

Pre-ordered some Cherry MX Black Clear-Tops aka “New Nixies”, enough for two boards. I could’ve waited til they hit retail but went with pre-order to catch early batches.

I love Cherry MX Blacks but never tried “Nixies” before so looking forward to see what differences it may offer.

5 Likes

I’m debating if I should pick some up. I’ve seen a few streams with mixed descriptions of these switches from “they are smoother than hyperglides” and “they sound deeper than MX blacks” to “they are just mx black recolors with the same feel and sound”. They definitely will at least be as good as MX blacks.

3 Likes

Sound-wise, I’m expecting them to be like Cherry Black with Milky Gateron top, slightly rounded classic Cherry Black acoustic.

Smoothness-wise, it should be smoother than current batch of Hyperglide bc this will be higher up the stream in terms of mold condition.

On a whim I ordered the Keebmonkey Cozy 75 :face_with_peeking_eye: which got me with its retro-look…this one’s just for nostalgia’s sake and to play around with :grin:

5 Likes

It’s got that “alternate history retro-future” thing going on and I kinda love it.

For anyone else that loves it, check out An Improbable Future - an artist that works with AI to make detailed prints of retro-futuristic devices that never existed. (If you just wanna scope the cool pictures, here’s their instagram.)

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing- I love this! Fabulous design that’s more attractive than most real devices

I have no idea if the Cozy 75 is any good or what Keebmonkey products are like - an unusually underresearched purchase for me (aka Christmas present) :wink:

1 Like

Ooooh and then they are release this today :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Clear Portico75 with Marble Soda Melons!

3 Likes

Ordered some Invokey Blueberry Chiffons bc I like long-polled light-tactiles and @HungerMechanic’s post:

4 Likes

A set of KTT Darling switches. The listing specified the materials, stem length, and spring weight, but not if it’s linear or tactile. And it only had this one blurry photo. But risky switch lottery purchases are the most fun of them.

4 Likes

Watch them be clicky :coffee:

I personally think they will be linear. Just a feeling.

2 Likes

Haha, okay they are fresh switches, and I hope it works out for you.

The factory lube needs augmentation in the leaf-area and spring: it has the same issues as the KTT Mallo [lack of] factory lube.

O maybe you ordered the no-lube version? You can lube that as you like.

They are light and pretty smooth, the long-pole effect is subtle. May be more suited to CF / FR4 plate than PC / POM. I don’t think they can match Cherry sound, but they are way less harsh than the Ergo Clears I am testing right now.

2 Likes

I order the unlubed version. I did check out sound test videos of the switch and found the sound to be very similar to my long-polled light-tactile frankenswitch: pleasantly low-pitched and barely tactile. Thx for posting it. I wouldn’t have looked up the switch without your post.

2 Likes

I decided to go ahead and pick up another DCX keycap set from Drop.

This is a new set called Violac

With Drop discounts I was able to get it shipped for $60.

5 Likes

Ordered some Banana Splits from the Key Company bc heard good things about it and it’s on sale. Used MOCHI discount code for extra 5% discount.

3 Likes

I broke down and ordered 110 TTC Aces from KFA thanks to input from some very kind Keebtalk folks. Added a pack of 67g TX short springs as well why not.

3 Likes

Hell yeah, they are nice switches. TTC’s in general feel very stable which is a large part of their appeal. Though I’d argue the best part of the Aces is the spring: great weight, snappy operation.

3 Likes