What did you order or think about ordering?

Currently waiting for these

KeySculptNerd - HHKB HiPro Keycap Set(Phase 1) Snow White Keycap Set(Phase 1) Nissho style

2 Likes

2024 is starting off RIGHT!!

First board purchased this year is one I have had on my Bucket List for a while, and as luck would have it, I won a raffle!!

8 Likes

Nice! Congrats. What is the tempered glass in your cart? Wrist rest?

1 Like

The tempered glass sits over the rear weight to make it look like the fish is swimming under water.

5 Likes

Congrats! I’ve entered ever single time and no luck yet. Hoping to get the PC one.

1 Like

Does that count as WK or WKL???

4 Likes

:exploding_head:

4 Likes

WKP (Win Key Paradox) layout

4 Likes

SWK (Schrodinger’s Win Key)

5 Likes

How about a key without a preset mapping? The first time it is pressed, it flips a coin to decide whether it behaves like a Win key or something else. Before that, we can only view it as being in a superposition of Win key and Win keyless.

4 Likes

This is the way

1 Like

I bought GMK Taiga from NK. Thought about NTD and Mercury but I don’t like the way they look in the photos. I love that NK takes real photos of the sets for extras.

5 Likes

I was tempted to grab a few of the extra sets, but managed to behave myself today. I got a set of Zooted from the B2G1 NK sale I still have yet to grab off my buddy & got crushed by artisan wins this weekend. I entered Nightcap’s weekly Shot & a Beer Fugu raffle, Nightcap’s 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕺𝖑𝖉 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖘 Fugu raffle, Cysm’s Night Flash Keyby raffle, & Sodie Cap’s Hellfire Nebula raffle. Ended up winning on all but the shot & a beer raffle, plus went in for 2 caps on Sodie’s raffle & got invoiced for my top 2 choices!? Not complaining as that was some awesome luck, but I sure was not expecting to win so many caps! :rofl:

3 Likes

Seriously thinking about the DaringRun DR-70F Keyboard (in-stock, GB). The KBD News review by @dovenyi has kind of sealed the deal on this one. I’ve been looking for a FRLTKL with a Southpaw variant that won’t kill my bank account for so long. Just trying to decide on colors and if I want the BT option…

4 Likes

Feel free to ask me anything, I’m not affiliated with them so can speak honestly. :wink:

E.g. I love how classy the black one looks, but it’s really a fingerprint magnet. I’d probably choose something else.

And as I mentioned it in my write-up, I was told that the foam set my sample came with was not the final version. Instead of a thick hotswap foam layer I got two really thin layers for the bottom. Joe Scotto got the same set and was wondering if this can be fixed in a few days or this will be the difference between the current in-stock and later GB items.

That said, the wired one costs $139 which is a no-brainer for those who like the layout. I mean, I’m testing some $200-300 boards this week, and the DR-70F beats them in many aspects.

4 Likes

I caved & just ordered a creamy white DR-70F with the wired HS PCB. The price was just too good to pass & I’ve wanted a FRL TKL for awhile. Toss in an XT column & possible southpaw, that’s a winner in my book! Will report back once I get it!

3 Likes

I got one too! Same options. Didn’t want to admit my way over budget purchase for this month but that price is insane

3 Likes

Wow! These Gateron Quinns are very nice. I love their sound profile and they feel great too.

The only downside is that now I must order new stabilizers, since that’s the weak point of my build that’s holding back everything else. Oh well, now I have an excuse to finally try these TX AP stabs that many seem to rave about.

For Quinns (3.4 mm travel distance), should I go with the long pole version of the TX AP?

I’ve also installed the Akko Silent Penguins in another board, but I want to wait a few more days and test them a bit further, before I share my thoughts on those.

4 Likes

I would say yes - alternatively you could use the shims that Geon, Upgrade Keyboards, or OLKB sells on regular stabs.

4 Likes

Thanks! The ability to switch between Southpaw–which I want to try, but not sure I’ll like–and a more conventional TKL layout is a huge appeal for me with this board. To hear that you thought the build quality was impeccable–on a $139 board, no less!–is a big relief.

I know you didn’t have the final case foams, but did you have any case ping on either the sandwich or gasket set up? Also, any idea on the total weight of the board? I’ve been searching for that and oddly enough, haven’t found any pages that list the weight.

1 Like