What did you order or think about ordering?

I got the gray one this time. Going with a PC plate and a hotswap PCB. I’ll probably put some of the Cream+ switches in it when it arrives.

3 Likes

Did anyone see Geon’s announcement that Geonworks products are going to be showing up at vendors (which I have started to see), but he’d like keyboards to also do so if/when production becomes such that it’s possible?

3 Likes

That would be great if so. The shipping on keyboards is close to $60. I’m sure you could reduce the price a lot by shipping from somewhere closer.

They are really nice boards. I’ve had a great experience on the 2 I own already.

I ordered an Iris Rev. 7 with the FR4 plates and pink PCB. Thought about ordering the aluminum case, but it would be about $450 and that’s more than I’m willing to gamble on a new-to-me layout. Definitely curious to see where the Iris falls on my love it or hate it scale.

2 Likes

Amazon spies in the following manner:
If you first visit a small mum & dad web shop that is hosted by Amazon AWS web hosting services, Amazon will record all the browser requests linked to your IP address. This happens even if you have your browser wipe all cookies between site visits.

In conclusion, the small web shop is paying for its own demise, and they even don’t realise this. I have seen this also happen with outdoor gear.

4 Likes

Hey, when do you think you’ll be able to cerakote the keyboard case I shipped you last month?

1hzuy7

2 Likes

:rofl:

14 days or so?

1 Like

I mean, I’d be so mad if the guy handling my order wasn’t so nice and apologetic about it, but I have a sneaking suspicion when he tells me “two weeks”, he’s making this exact face! I love it.

I ordered today:

WS Lube Station - Haven’t needed lube station before but thought this will come in handy with RO-59. Was out of stock everywhere except the source (Wuque Studio) but looks like they’re being restocked now. Found one at Dangkeebs.

RO-59 - Ordered two vials from Ringer Keys along with some red sable brushes and cleaner (DuPont™ Vertrel® XF). One of the two brushes was free bc of some brush and lube bundle discount. Current plan is to use one vial on stock New Nixies and the other on diamond-polished Cherry blacks after cleaning.

2 Likes

Ordered Aflion Blue Sky switches on impulse. Must be something I ate this morning.

After the fact excuse: They made Blueberry Chiffons and I wanted a linear version of it.

3 Likes

Aflion’s recent linears have been amazing :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I love them! Though the batch my vendor had was clearly lacking some quality control (20 of 70 DOA), they are great sounding switches :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh oh - sure hope https://milktooth.nu does a better job of it.

1 Like

I think it was Aflions fault, the vendor said they were aware of it…but yeah I would check the switches immediately :wink:

1 Like

Could you share a bit more detail on the DOA condition so I can check?

Sure, but it’s terribly boring. I popped them into the hotswap PCB, put everything together and then opened the VIA app, trying all the keys and having a minor heart attack thinking the PCB was faulty…they looked and felt completely normal, but I didn’t have a switch opener with me, so I don’t know if there’s anything going on inside (I could probably check now, come to think of it).

I then swapped a few switches around and lo and behold, it didn’t appear to be the PCB, and I tried also a couple of different switches in the same spots in the PCB and they were fine, so concluded it was the switches and went to the vendor discord where the vendor jumped in as offered to replace the duds as he knew about the issues with that batch of switches (I guess I hadn’t been the only one). He was really great and sent even more than necessary and super fast, too. Fabulous service.

I’m not sure this is helpful :wink: but that’s the story

1 Like

Picked up some NK Mystery switches, as well as some of the Box Inks that were on a Flash Sale.

Also ordered some KTT Kang White V3’s and some TX Long-Pole stabs to see how they stack up against the Gateron Long-Pole stabs. Been just swapping out the space bar stabs with the Long-Pole ones to work better with 7u space bars and BCPs.

Oh, and an artisan tray from Thok :+1:

2 Likes

Hmm. They appeared fine externally but keys didn’t register. Given that retail vendors are having trouble just bagging switches, I doubt they can afford to test individual switches.

Thanks for sharing the details. I’m going to test each switches when they arrive. Luckily, I just noticed milktooth.nu is in San Jose which means if any replacements are needed, it’s just ~30mins away.

2 Likes

Oh that’s nice and close! Fingers crossed it was just a rogue batch…

2 Likes

Is it possible that Aflion switches have unusually thin pins so they weren’t making good contact with the hotswap sockets?

DoA switches are so rare, but a large portion not working seems like something else is at play. This would certainly be a big issue with the manufacturer.

Do you still have the switches? One fix we’ve discussed in here before is to slightly bend one of the pins at an angle before inserting. Not enough to cause them to fold before going in the socket, but enough to hit the socket at a slight angle. Or, I believe someone mentioned slightly twisting the thinner pin with needle nose pliers or tweezers.

Or, better yet, if you have a multimeter, you could test continuity on the pins while you have the switch pressed in your hand.

4 Likes