What is on your desk today?

Three Amigos + Rukia = Three Rumigos? It’s a working title for the gang – I’m open to suggestions. Maybe just Rumigos since others in this thread already own the board. :wink:

2 Likes

was this from the US GB that went on in Nov of '19?

Giving the green Fjell some love today on a sunny San Diego afternoon.

6 Likes

Deciding witch to use

6 Likes

Finally got around to building up my new PCB + PC plate for my E6.5 last night. Went with Alpacas lubed with 205g00 (105 on the springs) & Durock clear stabs lubed with 205g0. Loving the new setup so far, feels much better than it did with Holy Pandas!

3 Likes

Quick-and-dirty photo of a new build for a friend;

• De-badged / generic Rakk Lam Ang Pro hotswap bluetooth RGB barebones platform (thanks to Keeb i.o. for making that available in the US!)
  • Added foam in the case (comes with retail version but not this generic one)
  • Unholy Silent Skies (Halos stem-swapped with Outemu Silent Sky tactiles; springs bag-lubed with teflon bike lube - for a cyclist)
  • Clipped, lubed, and bandaid modded GMK / Cherry stabs, apparently pre re-tool
  • Ducky’s pudding caps; a bit thicker and with better legends than the standard ones

This thing is quiet. I put this together for a friend of mine after he mentioned his stream viewers complaining about his keyboard - currently a generic with out-board blue switches. I think his viewers will appreciate the change.

I’d used the Outemu Silent Sky tactile stems before, but I’d had them paired with light springs, and I did not like that combination. With the 60g Halo springs, however, they feel satisfying and snappy while still being much more quiet than the average “silent” switch. If silence is your priority, I cannot recommend Outemu’s silent offerings enough.

4 Likes

Using the Volt as my daily for a while.

11 Likes

Metropolis really compliments that case well!

2 Likes

Same purchase with same plans. Please don’t tell me what keysets you have planned, I dont want to be twinsies.

1 Like

Polaris has been on my desk ever since I got it, but I changed keycaps a bit.

• ePBT Blue (sifo blanks)
  • CYSM Blue Avo blank
10 Likes

Nice to see ISO :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure is! More ISO for the ppl! <3

But today we are going to lube these Helios, swap the springs and put film between the housings.

6 Likes

Waiting for the xd60 pcb to show up in the mail so I can build my ISO layout for my Brutal 60 case! Love the big ENTER key :laughing:

Will it be your first ISO? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes but we all know ANSI is the correct layout because that’s the way George Washington and the baby Jesus typed :sunglasses::us::muscle:t3::eagle:

3 Likes

This will be my second ISO board.

I picked up this set too and am still trying to figure out which keyboard to match it with. Looks great on the Polaris!

I get a bit of a stiffy every time I bust this thing out.

11 Likes

3 Likes

I know I been posting this keeb before, but today is the day it’s finally finished. :tada:

I had some problems with qmk but I reinstalld it and woosch it worked. :+1::grinning:

Bonus Pic: I heard u like brass :wink: Found this in my mother’s garage.

6 Likes