What is on your desk today?

My second Prime E build. I love the layout so much I wanted a linear build as well. This is a stacked acrylic case from P3D store, bushito C3 stabs, get yellows lubed and filmed, and Mitospeed SA row 3 keycaps.

13 Likes

lovely to see someone else pick up one of these? how do gat yellows sound in it? I’ve only used JWK’s in it thus far

1 Like

The gat yellows have a nice lower pitch to them in this case. Pretty much the exact opposite of a JWK switch. This build has one of my favorite sounds so far.

2 Likes

how did you do the space bar? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Today’s daily driver: Norbaforce MkII in the K2 finish with a mix of 45g and 55g domes, all topped with 104UG Hipro keycaps

15 Likes

Epoxy !

My guide here :

4 Likes

MT3 WOB on my tester board - a GK61x, currently equipped with Gateron Yellows.

Edit: What? Oh, yes - of course the “I” and “O” keys are upside-down. Totally on-purpose. That’s the style now, right?

13 Likes

I love how these turned out. I’m waiting for a colorway like SNES or Dasher&Dancer to come out until I start hording more MT3. Anyone can describe MT3 PBT like Dev tty / Serika vs ABS like WoB/Bow/Susuwatari ?

1 Like

Tokyo60
GMK Striker
_NK Blueberry

11 Likes

Striker is so nice…

2 Likes

Lubed and ready but I need more keebs :confused:

8 Likes

How does that thing feel? That’s the one from drop right? I’ve hat my eye on it for a while. Looks good but I’m nervous it would have a harsh bottom out and sound too pingy

One of, I bet, many NK65 E-White with MT3 BoW. With tealios. Pretty nice daily driver combined with my KBD75. Waiting for my Rama U80 Seq2…

8 Likes

It is pingy… I think the typing experience is fine, but I don’t have experience with other mounting types. It has an integrated plate so it’s probably stiffer than other types.

In my mind, I plan to get some plate foam to see how that affects the acoustics.

1 Like

@skepp Love the jars. Inks, Helios, Oreos?

@swarley Oof that looks good. I think you just motivated me to finish re-building that dis-assembled Hades 68 currently cluttering my desk…

1 Like

Almost, the right one is silent Ink houseing with dorpalumpa-steams.
Did some bending on them and they seem to be OK so I’m going try them before the replacement comes.

1 Like

FC660c + GMK LedZep + Kensington Slimblade + baguette wrist rest

15 Likes

Just finished building a Christmas present for my brother in law.

I the keycaps are temporary. I will put GMK Ursa on as soon as they arrive and put a matching cable on.

I would highly recommend the FC980M. It is actually very well built. The pcb actually hooks into the plate which I have never seen before. It also comes with some very nice dampening foam under the PCB and ALSO the SB! Something else I have never seen. Plus, don’t know if you can see but they included some nice rubber pads that fill the stab wire gap. Cool!

I took it all apart, added some weight, lubed and filmed some zealios. So now I get to type with this beauty for the next 2 months until Christmas :grin:

13 Likes

It’s a decent budget hotswap mech in HHKB form. There’s a little ping stock and the bottom-out can be harsher than what an enthusiast would like. There’s just enough space to put a little bit of foam in to dampen the ping. It’s pretty much my board for testing out switches and it’s good for something that you can carry around.

I don’t really daily it though.

3 Likes

love the black and white theme here. Looks fun to type on

1 Like