What is on your desk today?

I just finish my newest “battle station”, which is inspired by a prop KB Keyboards spotting - #6 by Rob27shred (and others similar keebs)

the specs:

• this is actually a two pieces keeb with ATMega32u4 (run QMK)
  • two pieces are connected with “FFC, FPC (Flat Flex) connector/cable”
  • the upper part is tilted 30 degrees.
  • acrylic sandwich case with some black stickers on top/bottom layer.
  • switch gateron yellow (I just have some gateron yellow readily available to build with)
  • keycap is XDA Zero Fighter

I made a few errors here and there but finally got it to work. :smiley:

I’m gonna give this to my friend and ask him to use this for some times; lets see if this board should be developed further or not.

pic from another angle:

20 Likes

A classic

23 Likes

a classic, when you cant afford hipro but you CAN afford novatouch. looks nice.

1 Like

Hello, I am new to the keebs community and finally decided to settle on a ID80 + black inks (75%) after downsizing from full to TKL. The initial fear of investing all those time into lubing, modding, tuning etc really put me off. But what a wonderful investment it has been - both monetary and time utilized to research on materials, spring weights, types of keycaps, giving me this big grin and joy whenever I’m on this board.

And I wana thank everyone in this thread for sharing all sorts of information, you guys might not know but those tips gave me so much help, especially to the guys who shared their ID80 previously which lead to my decision on this board. Would encourage anyone new to take this step forward and enjoy this hobby. With tons of board releasing, I’m just so tempted to dive on my next board!

20 Likes

Welcome @savedqueen! That’s a great looking board. Nice photos. Thx for sharing.

2 Likes

Welcome doomed mortal

3 Likes

Keeb.io BDN9 Macro Pad

• Millmax sockets

• Tangies

• NK BOW

10 Likes

@nolawill @ddrfraser1

Thanks guys

2 Likes

Trying out Mizu on the u80

18 Likes

C2 Prototype that the trash man graciously let me test drive.

20 Likes

VERY cool. the apple cable completes the clean as soap aesthetic for this one.

1 Like

Today I placed a {GMK set} on {Popular topre keyboard}. For a moment in time, I won the internet. A keyset/keyboard combo the likes of which the world has never seen the likes of which. Hope it doesn’t sound arrogant, when I say that I am the greatest man in the world !

Arrogant picture below

12 Likes

Newly built e-white Keycult No 2 with brass bottom, filmed and lubed NOS vintage blacks, 65g TX springs, BSP keycaps. Types like a dream

16 Likes

So clean and lovely!

3 Likes

My second Prime E build. I love the layout so much I wanted a linear build as well. This is a stacked acrylic case from P3D store, bushito C3 stabs, get yellows lubed and filmed, and Mitospeed SA row 3 keycaps.

13 Likes

lovely to see someone else pick up one of these? how do gat yellows sound in it? I’ve only used JWK’s in it thus far

1 Like

The gat yellows have a nice lower pitch to them in this case. Pretty much the exact opposite of a JWK switch. This build has one of my favorite sounds so far.

2 Likes

how did you do the space bar? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Today’s daily driver: Norbaforce MkII in the K2 finish with a mix of 45g and 55g domes, all topped with 104UG Hipro keycaps

15 Likes

Epoxy !

My guide here :

4 Likes