What is on your desk today?

I swear this is the only keyboard GMK Iris works on

Link to Album: [https://imgur.com/a/msP8y3X]

15 Likes

ooh, the rare Iris set comes out. I like to pull this and the Aero out every now and then

Kinda has that 1992 After School Special feel, now that I look at it. It does look good on that board.
Have you tried it on yellow or pink?

1 Like

Love seeing those old GMK molds with the funky # and giant ^ and other quirks.

2 Likes

Was gonna say this reminds me of colorful plastic rulers, protractors, pencil sharpeners, pencil boxes, and calculators.

I very clearly remember a space-themed set of Mega-Bloks that had almost the exact set of colors used on Hyperfuse.

1 Like

It should have been called GMK Trapper Keeper

2 Likes

My trusty Portico came to work with me today - and I now use the same desk at home and at work.

The case almost glows under fluorescent light - it looks purple at home, but in this room it looks extra purple.

Still enjoying those Gazzew Nixdork LT switches - they hella smooth - despite the “T” standing for “thock” these really make more of a delicate clack, and I like it a lot.

10 Likes

Tecware Phantom TKL brings back lots of memories - it was the first board I fixed out of necessity and served as the gateway :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do you have a picture of the PCB or the internals of your FL 980? I’m curious if the PCB is compatible with an aftermarket case (Heavy 9) designed for a Leopold FC980M/C

This is my first ergo keyboard (no split) and stack acryllic. I couldn’t be happier!

Keyboard: Av3 (B stock) and wrist rest by IV works
Layout: Arisu
Plate: POM
Switches: TTC blueish white
Keycaps: BoW MT3
Deskmat: Inukuma

13 Likes

Trying Topre for the first time with a FC660c 45g silent

Usually go for TKL or 1800, so form factor is an adjustment as well. It is different the MX for sure, trying to stick with it for a few days before cracking it open and start tuning it (have a Hasu controller and will lube it to start). Overall typing experience is nice, reminds me of Boba U4’s but less tactile. The windows key legend looks especially terrible. Red LED on caps lock looks ominous (which it should IMO). Don’t know about insert on the top right corner will probably change to F5

My desk is a bit cluttered right now trying adjust definately need to break out a numpad for work.

Edit: I made it a full 24 hours before breaking down and voiding my warranty installing the Hasu controller in my FC660c. Did I need to do this at 5:30 in the morning before work. Yes, yes I did, 15 minutes later all is better with the world.

15 Likes

There’s a nice review and disassembly of the FL980 which includes a side by side comparison against the Leopold FC980M

1 Like

I love my 660C, and the Hasu controller was a game changer for sure. If you find that the spacebar feels too heavy or at least inconsistently weighted compared to the other keys (like I did), you can remove the outer spring under the key – this made me type faster and more comfortably.

2 Likes

I remember trying Tokyo Press for the first time. I was like, eh. Then I found myself coming back to it more and more. Then I sold it cause I hated the layout, but couldn’t stop thinking about it for like a year and a half. Then bought a 980C. I hope you like it.

7 Likes

TIL that Topre is short for Tokyo Press. Thanks! Some interesting history there too.

6 Likes

If you want more tactility try out some of the aftermarket domes as well.

1 Like

I finished my MurphPad today, the P3D case is done in the Radiant acrylic. I had actually ordered a white one, but there was a mixup so I ended up with black. I may take it apart to spray the switch plate, but for now it’s good. Besides, in black you can’t really tell there’s a screen until it comes on.

Switches: U4T Black
Caps: MT3 Camillo
Knob: lovemyswitches.com

11 Likes

I love the “infinity mirror” effect of the stacked acrylic edges through the clear surface. What a cool pad.

I’ve also got some MT3 on my desk today; Susuwatri with monotone mods and red accents on *nixdork Boba U4Ts, in a KBD67 v3.

Edit: sounds in this thread

11 Likes

Build soon :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Hell Yeah !

Cool!
How do you like the Ploopy trackball? I want to get one, just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet.

1 Like