What is on your desk today?

That’s shockingly good for a cheap, stock switch! Definitely going to check them out.

After all this time, I finally noticed that the Lilacs have a different blend for the top housing. Interesting.

Sunflowers have been on my list of switches to try for so, so long. They just keep getting bumped for all the new things that catch my eye. I enjoy punchy switches, so this one is definitely staying on my list to try/buy as well. I think I need to make a switch checklist…

I always appreciate your detailed replies and comparisons!

1 Like

Preonic with MK Ultra plate foam, custom case foam, Skyloong Glacier Silent Rose switches, and MT3 Susuwateri.

Do you like my coiled cable?

11 Likes

Your cable is awesome! Can you please make a tutorial for it?
:laughing:

5 Likes

Dusting off an old keycap set always warms the heart.

7 Likes

Of course! It’s a simple 47 step process! Step 1…

I almost want to make a low budget how-to video on “coiled cables” where this is the end result just for the trolling potential.

2 Likes

Even before I joined the Topre club, I’ve always been inspired by this keyboard. So I’m going to make keycaps for my FC660C. Some legends need fine-tuning, then it’s off to the workshop.

Consider this my first post from the future :smiley:

21 Likes

Oh my goodness that looks absolutely amazing.

I promise I won’t do it, but you should post this as a tease on the Conical Keyboards server when you get a chance.

4 Likes

Thank you! Maybe I should make two?

I guess I could post this to the Conical server.

3 Likes

I would purchase this in an instant! So nice!

4 Likes

I know that it’s decidedly not the same league and I’m sure some of you will find this blasphemous, but the thing I like most about the Keychron Q9 is how it hints at this Topre layout (minus the number row):

5 Likes

• New desk outfit :triangular_ruler:

• Tester with Oddities :mag:

• Tray from Dorp :black_circle:

• KBD67L w/ DCX Cyber & Nylon T1s :boom:

5 Likes

I am speechless …

How did you managed to have such quality from a 3d printer ?
And those fonts … did you used infill technique to achieve such crisp legends ?

I’m sorry, I should have explicitly stated that the image above is a render.

That being said, I managed to push the quality quite far. Currently I’m still printing at 0.05 mm, going to 0.03 mm next. Regarding the infill of the legends, I had a breakthrough this week, that produces very clean results with little cleanup. I’ll post more images soon.

3 Likes

These are the actual “beta prints” URSA Minor on my FC660C.

The two shades of brown are two different dyes used.
The infill is the same resin material as the keycap. I’m still experimenting with the final surface finish.

Edit: Classic fail of not attaching the image :smiley:

23 Likes

Would instantly purchase this set. :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Wow!
My deepest respect for putting so much work and commitment in an idea.

4 Likes

I posted this in the NT-980 thread before, but @norbauer I did not realize until your IG post today that this case was such a rare beast. I already cherish my Aperture Heavy-9 for it’s beauty - and what a delight to use - but maybe this makes it just a little more dear.

20 Likes

WOW. Rainy Day looks awesome on that board. I was just googling for photos of the set… how random!

3 Likes

Thank you! I had this pairing in mind the moment I first saw the Aperture finish. I think I had just joined the Rainy Day GB, and knew this was made for it

Sick colorway combo there: cool business like case & keycaps w/colorful plate, like a suited MBA with neon underwear.

5 Likes