What is on your desk today?

I think this will be the final iteration of the KBD67 Lite for me. Those Neon caps and yellow accent kit were too good of a fit to pass up. I usually cherry-pick the switches with the best tolerances for the stabs, but using the Durock POMs was the first time that pile out numbered the other pile. Hell ya.

With the release of R4, the cases came up for individual sale so you know I had to go two-tone. :metal:

10 Likes

Do you have switches durock pom, how are they? normal pressure, normal spring, normal leaf.

I bought in December last year. At the qwertyqop store.
And they are just terrible. Go to my list of disappointments.
Now a friend bought one for himself. And he says that for him these are his first worst switches. By quality. Ringing, making noise, rubbing)

I designed some wrist rests for my keyboard and mouse and published them for use.

The split design works with a range of different boards and thus I prefer this style the most. Plus, it should fit on the print bed of any printer capable of 150x150mm print area.

https://www.printables.com/model/271855-keyboard-mouse-wrist-rests

16 Likes

Yup, totally stock parts and just lubed with a 1:1 mix of 205g2 and 105.

I’m sorry to hear that bud. That sucks. Do you like other POM housing switches? I got mine recently so maybe they’re from new molds no one bothered to announce.

I am a fan of switches from pom. I have almost all full pom switches. New accos are on the way. which are full pom.) I love pom.
Except durock pom)

Congrats — nice infill pattern, too. :heart_eyes:
Is the filament PLA or TPU?

I used PETG, but I did consider TPU for this one.

I don’t mind the hardness of the material much, especially since I’m not really fully resting on them, more of a light touch if you will.

Perfect set of keys to pair with that case setup. The whole thing’s got a coherent vibe that elevates the classy-factor (a lot less easy to do with translucent parts than flat black or grey). A fantastic 67L specimen if I’ve ever seen one.

I bet those switches sound great on that plate - dare I invoke the t-word? How are you liking a thick-clicky on the caps lock?

4 Likes

Oh man, that means a ton. I appreciate that. I had to really put the ole thinking cap on for this one. Actually, it was one of @pixelpusher’s posts that really lit a fire under my arse.

Dude, the combination of the POM’s high clack on thick FR just sings to me. Plus, they’re a bit on the long-pole side, so the bottom out is nicely dampened but not muted. My batch turned out to have some of the most pleasantly consistent tolerances both in N/S wobble and stem-to-cap fit I’ve ever experienced. They’re a real delight to mod, and the fact they come unlubed is just tits.

That’s all you buddy! It’s awesome. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve accidentally tripped Caps with my ginormous sausage pinky, but with that there – problem solved. Plus, the quasi haptic feedback you get is actually really helpful when YELLING IN CHAT. Lol. Thanks again for the suggestion.

1 Like

3 Likes

I like how your wrist wrest looks on your desk. I saw this on Nuphy’s site but it honestly looks much better in your picture than on their site.

I’m genuinely enjoying this thing a lot more than I expected to. I built it with Gateron Pro Silvers with two stage springs and they’re a treat as well. I’d need to try them in a metal housing board to say for sure but they remind me of a toned-down TTC Wild or Matrix. I typically rotate my boards each day but this may challenge that tomorrow morning.

11 Likes

That’s shockingly good for a cheap, stock switch! Definitely going to check them out.

After all this time, I finally noticed that the Lilacs have a different blend for the top housing. Interesting.

Sunflowers have been on my list of switches to try for so, so long. They just keep getting bumped for all the new things that catch my eye. I enjoy punchy switches, so this one is definitely staying on my list to try/buy as well. I think I need to make a switch checklist…

I always appreciate your detailed replies and comparisons!

1 Like

Preonic with MK Ultra plate foam, custom case foam, Skyloong Glacier Silent Rose switches, and MT3 Susuwateri.

Do you like my coiled cable?

11 Likes

Your cable is awesome! Can you please make a tutorial for it?
:laughing:

5 Likes

Dusting off an old keycap set always warms the heart.

7 Likes

Of course! It’s a simple 47 step process! Step 1…

I almost want to make a low budget how-to video on “coiled cables” where this is the end result just for the trolling potential.

2 Likes

Even before I joined the Topre club, I’ve always been inspired by this keyboard. So I’m going to make keycaps for my FC660C. Some legends need fine-tuning, then it’s off to the workshop.

Consider this my first post from the future :smiley:

21 Likes

Oh my goodness that looks absolutely amazing.

I promise I won’t do it, but you should post this as a tease on the Conical Keyboards server when you get a chance.

4 Likes

Thank you! Maybe I should make two?

I guess I could post this to the Conical server.

3 Likes