What is on your desk today?

Very nice. Do you have an engineering background?

I don’t. It was all trial and error, comparing designs to open source ones and asking people haha

8 Likes

This is truly beautiful. Even more inspiring, when you speak of trial and error. :heart:

2 Likes

@rondg also designed a beautiful board that whent into GB, you may know it by the name GHS.RAR

I really like your design language @rondg, recognisable on all your boards, but maybe because I also like thick bezels like you :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Moondrop Tessence tactiles, mounted in a KBD67 Lite with an FR4 plate and wide, flat feet on the case. I think this one has TX stabs. Topped it all off with SP DCS caps to really translate as much of the switch’s sound and feel character as possible.

Where the Lunalight linears had the challenge of trying to sound good in a dense, firm tray-mount setup, these have the challenge of sounding good in an extra resonant setup - which should lay bare any subtle imperfections.

Here’s a quick recording at my desk; on a deskmat, hard walls nearby:

Tasting notes ~

I’m liking them so far. The bump starts at zero-travel, but is a lot more round than something like an Ink Kangaroo or Limbo. If Silent Bluish Whites bottom-out like a firm rubber ball, these bottom-out like agate marbles. They have a similar bottom-out sound to the Lunalights, if a bit louder by default thanks to the bump’s peak resistance being more than the Lunalight’s bottom-out weight.

If any of you have tried the Skyloong Glacier Rose / Epomaker Iceberg Rose switches, these have the exact same bump (perhaps with a slightly more aggressive leaf). However, these bottom-out with a long pole on Nylon instead of a pair of flexible leg-feet on polycarb, so they are of course much louder.

After a couple weeks of making more fat-finger errors than I prefer, it’s nice to be using a more lunk-resistant switch than the light linears and clickies I’ve been daily-ing. I’d say most people could rest their fingers on these with impunity, and they’re plenty strong enough to filter-out almost all the erratic finger movement I have from minor nerve damage.

Not quite as clean as the Lunalights, but exceptionally clean for a stock big-bump tactile. Quite a bit more clean than the Zealio V1 Redux switches I got in the mail today, for example. Might be apples and oranges, but hey, it’s a thing. Just getting my first impressions since last night, but I think most people that enjoy this style of tactility would be delighted by these in stock form, and there’s a little bit of tuning head-room for more exacting tastes.

Wobble seems slightly better than average for these days - nothing crazy but should be plenty stable for most folks. More stable than basic Cherry or Gateron, less on-rails than Aqua Kings or Cobalts.

Edit: I finally have a DCS set to use this with lol

6 Likes

At last, and truly on my desk… URSA Sachiko on the FC660C.

46 Likes

the set looks amazing! would love to put one on my Heavy-6 :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

B.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.

2 Likes

Wow, incredible work, they look super nice !

2 Likes

All I can say is :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Gawd you’re gorgeous! Geezus.

1 Like

Incredible board.

Big fan of the GHS.RAR’s design btw. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind words and support — this is such a great community.

11 Likes

I absolutely love that, looks so great. I never thought printed caps could get that good. Thanks to you I’m thinking about a resin printer instead of FDM….

Finally arrived today, PC66 with Gateron Pro Browns. Akko 9009 aviator cable

12 Likes

HHKB Pro Classic, work in progress and not fully decided on the keyset choice yet.

14 Likes

What case is that?

The pc case? Coolermaster NR200
The HHKB is all stock, just painted w/ dyed keycaps.

4 Likes

Picked up a NK Sand PBT set for $30! Put it on my copper suede Decent65 which got a force break and tape mod today.

Some IG shots:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj8drIqpsQH/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

11 Likes

7 Likes

What board is that? Looks like something I could get along well with.