What is on your desk today?

20 Likes

Whitefox with GMK Oblivion and Hako Trues.
Logitech MX Master 2S

10 Likes

nice setup :smiley:

5 Likes

XTant with a custom controller

3 Likes

Well, on my (half) desk I got: my modified keyboard CK6 and a half of Logitech G5 (the better half :rofl: The rest was not needed and this made it very light).

More info on my website and in this post in firmware section about my code running on CK6 (and CK7 at work).

11 Likes

@CryHam Just been browsing your website. That is some insane stuff you are doing over there! Never thought I’d see someone go to the effort of modifying the rubber domes of scissor switches to change the weight let alone adding additional switches to one!

Your controller and screen is great, the on the fly re-mapping is something I would love to have.

Any plans on trying this with a mechanical keyboard? If you wanted to do a one off it would probably be easier due to larger case sizes and easier to trace/access key matrix, and if you wanted a completely custom layout to suit your needs that wouldn’t be too difficult either (there are plenty of guides about and I would be happy to answer any questions if you are interested)

As for the mouse… doesn’t that make it really unbalanced?

oof, KT has excellent taste in mouses :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Dear God, get some help LOL

3 Likes

@Gouty Thanks.
Well, I think my controller should work with mechanical keyboards too. I wrote some more info on this in my other topic for firmware here.
I never had any mechanical keyboard or enough switches to test and I’m simply not interested in any. Far too expensive for my taste and they can never be so soft and light as my modifications, basically limited by foil.
Yes, they surely are great if you want your own layout. It’d be far more complicated to do with foil and scissor keys. I am more interested in capacitive touch keyboards, but didn’t try anything yet.

About mouse, I added new teflon sliders, so it glides smooth. I always just use 2 opposite fingers, not whole hand to move mouse anyway, so I don’t have any issues with it. I like it a lot more now, since it’s really light, I don’t feel like moving a rock. And I got a wrist rest spanning across keyboard and mouse.

2 Likes

My current laptop setup at work:

YMDK 40 with Razer greens spring swapped to 80g springs, cheap ABS caps and some grab bag caps. Teal switch LEDs and blue underglow.

3 Likes

Ergodox Infinity with Gateron Greens, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, diy Munny speakers, and of course a fountain pen and fancy paper for some old-school note taking and creative writing.

9 Likes

good choise man,

what fountain pens do you usually use?

KMK Labs.

1 Like

Something new today!

8 Likes

A Meme! What’s your badge say?

1 Like

Use BLE40 today,with the unknown name keycaps similar like SP DSA profile.

4 Likes

my planck (very first build) with box browns. patiently waiting for Helix kit to arrive.

2 Likes

My wife’s parent’s dog.

9 Likes

Can I ask where you got those keycaps? I’m very interested in them. Were they a custom set from someone?

1 Like

Looks like XDA Milestone alphas with XDA Godspeed icon mods and some milestone novelties crosses fingers for confirmation

1 Like