What is on your desk today?

I like how tactile they are, but they are very loud. I could not lead a conference call and type at the same time. Sometimes this was due to mental capacity :upside_down_face: but most of the time it was because my typing was too loud.

I didn’t notice the scratchiness and I enjoyed typing on them.

1 Like

23 Likes

Wow I think you win the contest for prettiest Heavy Grail. Every time I see a Topre board with those Sony caps it makes my day.

1 Like

To be fair, the competition is pretty sparse at the moment hehe

2 Likes

hacks :smirk:

what a flex

1 Like

Still competing against Ryan’s Hi Pro version, so the competition is strong.

1 Like

Planck V6 Drop Kit – Gateron Black Ink Switches

PC is my S1 Ghost build - 3900XT/2070 Super

12 Likes

If you ever decide you hate it, let me know. :wink:

My Input Club Kira sits on my Overclocking/Gaming desk mainly.
I remember buying it, thinking it was as far as I was going to get into the keeb world.
Instead, it merely acted as a gateway drug and yeah… you’ve seen how that went.
Still waiting for a full custom 1800 layout to make its way out into the world. Most I see are unavailable past GBs.

7 Likes

not sure if it’s a me problem, but your picture doesn’t load in either of my browsers

2 Likes

Same

1 Like

I was also having this issue but it seems to be resolved for me now

@dwarflemur @nolawill @Dr.Doof - Ah, looks like LTT was under attack. I was using it to host the photo because the original is too large to be uploaded here. Replaced with Discord hosted image. Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

So this has become somewhat of a daily driver for me and I like it to the degree that I plan to get a preonic(or similar) and abandon everything else. :open_mouth:

6 Likes

My daily driver for the past few weeks. Along with a model M. Gotta go plastic in the winter.

I finally found a layout that I have memorized. I can say that I’m fully confident in using a minivan for any computing needs at last. Took quite a long time to find a good layout for me.

Custom caps from PMK with HUB space bars

10 Likes

Absolutely digging when those Alt keys buddy. Very nice.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 8.20.46 AM

6 Likes

I always flip them so it resembles a A for Alt :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I enjoy this shelf more every day. My daily driver is a cheap hotswap, which accomodates my switch ADD. :grin: Currently on my “top shelf” we have:

• Holy Bobas
  • NK Gateroos
  • EV-01s (JKW linears)
  • Creamy Inks
  • Red Pandas
  • Holy Mint Pandas
  • Kiwis
  • Polias
  • Tangies
  • Heisenbergs

Some because I love the sound and feel (Holy Bobas!), and some just because they just look rad on a shelf.

Edit: Following some banter with a couple friends of mine, this is now what I think of each time I look at my shelf:

8 Likes

If it seems like I’m posting all the time lately it’s because I’m home recovering from surgery (going well!); I’m bored, and this is my favorite website. Moving along…

Another switch tester pack for a friend. Left to right, top to bottom:

• Gateron Yellow
  • Ink Yellow
  • EV-01 (JWK linear)
  • TTC Gold Brown V3
  • Koala
  • Polia
  • Crystal Royal
  • Ink Kangaroo (NK version)
  • Poli Boba
  • MX Silent Black
  • Earl Grey*
  • Boba U4 (62g)

Not shown:

• Gateron Blue
  • Gateron Brown
  • Lemon Meringue**

Frankenswitches

*I like the goofy names, but this is just an MX Silent stem in an Ink housing (Kangaroo in this case), and with a Thic Thock Magically Progressive 68g spring. Similar to an MX Zilent, if a little more bouncy and softer on the bottom-out.

**I was going to call it “slick lemon” but apparently that’s an obscure “adult” band… After that “lemon pie” still seemed too sus, so I settled on something descriptive of the appearance, but safe. UHMWPE linear stem from 415keys, Gazzew Boba top, Ink Yellow bottom, Halo True spring. Firm, bouncy, slick like skates. Has wobble, but such are the stems.

If it wasn’t obvious, a “Poli Boba” is a Polia stem in a Boba housing. Just like a Holy Boba - it’s great. Might be totally redundant with the Thocks coming out, which would be just fine with me.

7 Likes