What is on your desk today?

Simplicity, i love that !

@keebninja - great looking cables, and I love that trackball

@Manofinterests - I wasn’t familiar with the Yokohane; that’s incredibly classy :ok_hand:

@Sour - I’m really starting to love WKL 60s because of builds like this

4 Likes

Thank you @sefixm @Deadeye :blush:

Love it bud! You know I have soft spot for WKL, split right shift, & split backspace. Chef’s kiss layout! :ok_hand:

1 Like

I don’t blame you, pretty much no one is familiar with it. It was run in a private GB for a small group of people as a designer’s test run of their own boards. It turned out amazingly!

Plus the back weight is cute

8 Likes

:heart_eyes: wow sure is

1 Like

How may units are in the wild ?

Really like the board :wink:

I made some modifications to the Tokyo60 today:

• Band-aid modded the stabilizers
  • Added plate foam from MKUltra
  • Replaced the _NK Blueberries with Boba Silent Tactile U4s 62g
  • Stuffed some foam into the space bar but it is still kinda loud

The pingy-ness of the case is now eliminated.
The blueberries, while super-tactile and fun to type on, made me really self-conscious when typing while leading conference calls.

6 Likes

I want to hate this but I DON’T, send help.

7 Likes

you should try some 55g springs in the boba’s. I’ve never really been one for featherlight switches, but the tactility of the 55g lubed boba is the closest to topre I’ve ever felt on mx switches and I can’t get enough.

4 Likes

I like how your desk is organized. I am changing my setup to have my monitors split too since I need to put my camera in the middle

That Yohane TKL looks gorgeous

Sounds interesting! I don’t know if I’m ready to jump in to switch modding… I’ll need a switch opener, lube, brushes, springs, cats, films, lube station, chill jazz music. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I might have to do that; I’ve seen a few people mention loving it. I think I’m out of 55s but I do have some 52s - do you think those would work?

1 Like

If you lube using krytox 105 or something else with a lower viscosity than krytox 205 you should still get return force even with GMK keycaps, would probably feel nicer with the 3g less of force too. Please drop your findings (and a link to those 52g springs) in the boba thread when you do.

1 Like

Will do. It’ll be a few days as I’m away from home at the moment, but the springs are the Catweewee ones from TX keyboards.

1 Like

Classy AF

1 Like

Trackball users, pogchamp

2 Likes

How are you liking your Nk Blueberries, even after lubing they are scratchy. I much prefer a scratchy tactiles that actually sound good.

Board: Brutal60 WKL
Plate Material: FR4
Keycaps: GMK WoB
Switches: Tangerines
Lube: Krytox 205g0
Stabilizers: Smokey Durock Housings
Films: Deskeys films

8 Likes