What is on your desk today?

whoa, your minivan looks more like a stelath bomber all blacked out like that!

i’m thinking of doing something simmilar to my anne pro 2, tough i can’t really touchtype, so blank caps is a no-go for me. :frowning:

3 Likes

Got the M0110 XDA Oblique set from Desk Candy yesterday and slapped it on the Tokyo60.

12 Likes

How is it? The board I mean?

Haha thanks. Yeah, def wouldn’t go for blank if you can’t touch type. Have you considered side printed? There are lots of affordable PBT or ABS sets out there.

1 Like

Keyboard : Switch Couture Acrylic Alice
Keycaps : GMK WoB
Switches : Alpacas (filmed + lubed)
Stabilizers : Durock Screw-in

11 Likes

A Malice was my introduction to the Alice layout (built with Alpacas as well!) – is this your first taste of the layout. If so, what do you think?

1 Like

It is. So far, I like it. I think I’m going to take it into work with me the few days that I am physically in the office.

1 Like

Ha. Same. With alpacas, too! I like the board, but I feel like the ergo tilt of 12 degrees is a bit too much. I find my fingers stretching more than they used to with a standard board. I want to try something with less tilt like the upcoming Meridian.

1 Like

Yeah, my pinkies do need to stretch more I suppose, though I don’t really notice unless I’m away from it for a while. What is really noticable is the lack of a split/tilted layout when I go back to ANSI after a while on the Alice – it’s like I have to contort my wrists to type, lol.

1 Like

Thats the dark side of ergo… once you go ergo twist, typing on rectangles feels unnatural, once you go split, typing on ergo feels unnatural, and once you go tented, you never go back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d love to try a tented alice-style layout at some point. Type-K seems to be hitting all the marks for me, I’ll be so upset if I can’t get my hands on one.

1 Like

definitly gonna be spamming F5 for that one, but in the mean time I’m working on a little something custom for the Buzzsaw…

4 Likes

That’s what’s up dude, good luck!

1 Like

Tester I assembled for one of our new IT guys after he expressed interest in having me build him a custom keeb.

My goal is to get a feel for his tastes and see where we can go from there.

Edit: updated with links to something about each switch, mostly discussions here on keebtalk or the occasional store page. An “MX Silent Ink” is a Silent Ink with an MX Silent Black stem in it. A “True” Unholy Panda is a Halo True with a Panda linear stem; the Halo True spring gives it a pretty different feel vs a standard linear.

4 Likes

Just finished making some custom cables for my new desk last night. Pretty happy with how it turned out. I ordered enough fake lemo connectors to allow me to make several pigtails in different colors/patterns to match my different sets of key caps.

Making cables is some tiny, tedious work. Folks with cable-making businesses have my utmost respect.

18 Likes

Yup. Takes me hours

Next level colour matching.
I feel that it needs the black enter+esc to feel complete :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My Yohane TKL and my new parts tray!

16 Likes

Oooh that’s a good idea!

18 Likes