Gateron Kangaroo (Gateroos)

gateroos

• Tactile, HP like bottom out, Cherry Clear like prebump
  • PCB mount (5-pin)
  • Total travel force: 63±15gf
  • Pretravel: 1.5±0.5mm
  • Bottom out: 63gf
  • Total travel (max): 3.5mm

Bonus: There’s already a [IC] for a recolor, Gateron Limbo.

6 Likes

Interesting. Might feel like a naevy switch. Crisp bump but not too stiff with a shortened travel.

These might feel better on bottom out if the entire stem can hit bottom instead of just the center pole. Cool find.

3 Likes

Agreed. Kind of excited about these. Short travel with a large bump. Sounds about right.

1 Like

It’s my understanding that these have been “a thing” (or at least a thing that folks were aware was coming) over in the Chinese MK community for a grip; the Cyberswitch those Cyberboard folks were selling during their GB are (I believe) also a Kangaroo recolor.

Nice to see some of the switches Gateron has been developing exclusively in the Chinese community finally make it over here.

5 Likes

These look really interesting! 90 cents a switch though - I wonder what makes them so pricy.

I was wondering recently why they don’t make an Ink tactile. If this was essentially an Ink housing with another name and a novel tactile stem they might be worth that asking price.

5 Likes

Hmmm interesting. I wonder what the force curve graph looks like…

EDIT: What it actually looks like. The manu. graph is here:

4 Likes

That’s a pretty gentle bump. Maybe these are gateron speed browns?!

2 Likes

Just from eyeballing the steep incline on the stem in the image you wouldn’t think so. :thinking:

Are you looking at the return incline (stem side) or the bump on the legs (post side)?

I was looking at the stem. But now that you mention it, I suppose the legs would contribute more to the bump sensation.

Yep, that itty bitty bump on the legs is the tactile bump; the dropoff closer to the stem after that is the “falloff” from the tactile event, so it mostly only affects return (which is going to be handled by the spring itself). Compared to some of the more modern tactiles this one’s got a pretty small rounded bump at the tactile event.

1 Like

Interesting shaped slider looks like the Outemu dust proof sliders, I wonder how much it helps with stem wobble & how smooth it is. The 3.5mm travel gets me though, I really never liked any speed switches although these are kinda in between speed & regular 4mm. Definitely glad to see another mid tactility option pop up in any case! Between these & the Oxbloods I’m finally considering tactile builds again. The whole HP/Zeal V2 uber tactility craze honestly ruined MX tactiles for me TBH, LOL.

5 Likes

It looks like a tactile version of the Ink Yellow stem, which is also shorter travel. I just got some samples of those today and I quite like them.

2 Likes

Good call I forgot the yellow inks had the square stem also!

I own a board with yellow inks. They feel and sound nice, but it always takes a few min to get used to the quick actuation on them.

4 Likes

Yup that’s pretty much my experience too, they’re nice but take a few min to adjust when the board gets pulled out

3 Likes

So these are basically Ergo Clears with a loud bottom-out?

Has anyone tried them? I’ve been looking for a good ergo-clear that requires no modification (I’m hoping that MelGeek’s ember switches for that bill).

2 Likes

Looks like NovelKeys is stocking the ink variant Kangaroos now:

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered 110 Kangaroos!

promocode hueyhueyhuey for 5% off :wink:

5 Likes