What is on your desk today?

Rocking ePBT Classic Retro Cyrillic on my good ole E6.5. Really happy with the set overall, dyesub is crisp, no twisted stems on any of the 1u keys I’ve tried so far, & the only warped key I got was the 7u spacebar. Even that is only slightly warped & I’m pretty sure I can fix it. Right now I got a 7u from a OG ePBT set to go with it though. Also really digging how PBT sounds on polycarb! It tames down the poppiness this build has with GMK ABS a good bit & even covers up for the signature JWK thin top sound a good bit!

11 Likes

Wow, that layout looks amazing. I’m increasingly looking forward to the Sar group buy as I see more and more 1800s posted. Nice colours with the whole photo, looks super pleasing to the eyes!

2 Likes

As soon as I saw KAT Milkshake I knew I wanted to do a bubblegum or cotton candy build with some acrylic, and I had a spare Wonderland PCB lying around for an Alice build. Had to wait for my KAT blanks come in from group buy for the spacebars because it was cheaper than spacebar kit extras from Novelkeys lol.

18 Likes

Just put this together with some black Ink’s.
Gonna try it out now😬

6 Likes

SA Bliss on Silent Alpacas in Tofu65.

I must say R3 uniform SA is much more comfortable to type on than fully sculpted…

13 Likes

Two more projects waiting to be finished. The PCBs arrived today, still waiting for some switches, key caps and diodes.

9 Likes

My daily driver and buddy. :nerd_face:

It’s a GK64XS Tofu rocking Infinikey’s WOB Apple font with filmed H1’s and DL springs. For a reliable BT signal, I went with GK64’s OEM fiberglass plate.

Solid, super skate, with a slightly dampened (but not muffled) sound. Not too shabby.

14 Likes

Got my first GMK set, a classic WoB. Albeit it being a general drop with no long waiting time. But coming from cheaper ePBT ABS sets, I really appreciate the sharp legends and quality ABS feel as described by you guys. Really enjoying this, taking it slow so far.

Oh yea, OA switches arrived too. Loving it, but it’s making me crave for better boards, tho my wallet is saying no…

11 Likes

WoB is simply the best GMK set 🤷

2 Likes

MiniVan lookin snazzy today with HuB. 67g Zilents lubed with 3204 (even the legs cause I’m a heathen), MKUltra foam, custom brass plate :ok_hand:

14 Likes

Got extremely lucky with a Risky Goodwill run! after a thorough cleaning with sanitizer, I’m proud to present my mint condition, 7 dollar matias Quiet Click ergo.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this $220 keyboard rubber banded together on a Goodwill tech shelf in north Ballard for $10 on black Friday, and the surprises kept coming! as someone who came into this hobby on alps clickies, the Matias quiet click is so far one of my favorite switches! coming from the prime_e with 55g boba’s these feel right at home, with a Topre-esque feel, plus a little switch click results in a lovely, quiet plocky typing feel.

Now to the form factor, as a prime_e user, this wasn’t too much of a stretch for me, using the Ergo’s built in, on the fly key reprogramming, I bound right space to backspace, and the blank next to N to B ( the default bind is n for some reason…) and it was off to the races! I have to say, as an quasi-ergo user, still beholden to my stagger, this is about as ergo as it gets for me. This achieves the inward angle I enjoy of the prime_e and alice, without the strange distances for QAZ and P;./ that those canted layouts require, while also including tenting.

23 Likes

Was tired to plug/unplug my Winghead several times a day for teleworking.
So put back my good old Simply96 to good use;)
It is my first design and far from perfect: lots of empty space in the case and echoy, super stiff integrated plate design, costar stabs …
But I was missing the tactile switches and the loud sound of the board, it really reminds me what it looks to type on a vintage board :wink:
Plus the TK layout is nice to use, this is really something I should revisit in a future design.

9 Likes

SA 1965 :heart:

3 Likes

An old school set for old men like me :smiley:

3 Likes

Put the low pro back together with lubed HPs.

9 Likes

What are these nice shiny keycaps ???

The shiny guys are mods from MT3 Susuwatari, that I polished. Unfortunately, the Serika alphas are PBT so I wasn’t able to get a shine on those.

2 Likes

Technically my desk, lubing some tangies in study hall!

9 Likes

time well wasted

2 Likes

This was such a fun build! @Bs3DPrintShop keep up the great work buddy.

It’s a DZ60RGB Bella with EnjoyPBT x GOK BOW, some thonky Milky Dry’s, and a carbon fiber plate.

10 Likes