What is on your desk today?

Some people build smaller keyboards to fit other stuff on their desk, I built a bigger desk to fit all my keyboards on it.

I even decided to bring out my Christmas tree a bit early :sweat_smile:

26 Likes

kbd 5 degree still the best? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s the best of what I have, but it’s my hotswap board and I’m using it to test out/break in some Kiwi switches. Plus I just got the GMK Terminal set I’m using on there a couple of months ago and it just looks so great :smile:

now those are beauties! i especially love the green board with all those novelty caps and the numpad on the left. what board is that?

1 Like

Great choice.
p.s is that a wkl sirius? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s a Southpaw Fullsize. I spent way too long and way too much planning/building that one but I absolutely love it.

Yes! I’m honestly not a big fan of WKL on a 60% but I got it secondhand a while back. It has creams in it and with the KAT set it sounds fantastic.

3 Likes

That’s the one I would pick of them all. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Realforce 87u 55g with extended-2048 caps in a Norbaforce Mark II.

22 Likes

Monochrome (e-white, black base) finish Mode Eighty. Sending this proto back to the vendor after spending a weekend with it. Its a really nice feeling and sounding board, as long as you don’t mind a stiff typing experience.

Cantilevered bottom design is interesting. I personally don’t think it really saves much time vs just unscrewing a few more screws. Getting the daughterboard plugged in was a bit of a pain. Apart from that, I’m really liking it (that might also be the tealios… I guess I’m a linear guy now).

Now time to build the FE Dark Mode 80 :eyes:

13 Likes

GMMK White Ice Edition, customized for a friend. Most of the work is in the switches; Halo U4’s lubed with Krytox 106 and filmed with Deskeys gaskets. (The stabs got a generous helping of 205g0.)

Her choice of Cherry profile PBT caps in the 9009 colorway worked just fine thanks to spacing washers:

Alright! Time for the next one.

11 Likes

People film box switches? I know that they are not actually box switches, but that clip design is like that which first appeared on boxes.
Personally I feel the fit of the top housing to be super snug stock with that clip design. (Have tried navy, hako true and hako violets)

Excluding Creams, pretty much all Kailh switches have those clips. As for actual Box switches, I’m not sure if films even fit on them.

These are Halo housings (also made by Kailh) - they’re far from loose, but on silent builds like this one you’d be able to pick out the occasional rattle without the films.

Finally got my Alpacas installed! Replaced Pro Burgundy.

Helix keyboard with DSA Scientific sitting next to Kailh Speed Silvers with DSA Magic Girl.

12 Likes

your wrist rests remind me of this.

I think you have almost the same keycaps

10 Likes

Hah, yeah I’m pretty sure they’re the exact same wrist rests! I got mine from Flashquark.

2 Likes

Made me one

Yok pandas. A little disappointed in the wobble on these things but couldn’t fit any films in em.

Edit: This is actually my first TKL and I own like 60 boards :smile:

20 Likes

This is one I wish were in my collection.

+1

4 Likes

I very seldom jump on keyboard group buys but every once in a while something comes up that is impossible to pass up.

Guilty confession time. I’ve been wanting no metal boards lately, but I really do like the 5 degree and have been toying with the idea of picking one up again. This picture may have just pushed me over the edge…

Also, that view is amazing. Makes me really miss living in the mountains back in the college days.

1 Like

Follow up: Here’s the final result after Ursa arrived and building the cable. I’m always surprised when these things actually work.

17 Likes