What is on your desk today?

Thanks it was fun rounding up everything! The mods are Magenta Mods found on oco, here (Magenta Mod – Originative) they go really well well wob. The other mods and bar (the tu2 on black) came from darkskel, since the wob keys there are from an older Cherry G80-11900 and I didn’t have enough to cover everything.

3 Likes

That color combo of the WoB with the midnight miami accents and the magenta mods is awesome, especially on the white JER with the greg deskmat, you’ve somehow balanced a bunch of really strong colors. looks great.

2 Likes

Got in GMK Godspeed last night and mounted it to the Brutal60. Quite pleased with the look, feel, and sound!

16 Likes

Since my wife is still at the hospital it’s just me and my 1 year old at the house, so this is my work setup for today until that laptop I ordered comes in next week.

16 Likes

Really not sure I can get used to this. First small ortho board. Tried keeping the home rows at the outer edge. Need to get the rotary encoder working too!

Halo switches I ordered with it are real pingy too. I despise lubing switches but I may have to!

13 Likes

Magnetic connectors are also handy!

Less ware and tare, when moving to the couch. :wink:

11 Likes

Do you have a link(s) for the magnetic setup by chance?

2 Likes

Looks like they don’t make the 20 pin straight connector any more.

These look similar:

I went with the 20 pin, because it doesn’t require the magnetic adapter to connect in a specific orientation.

1 Like

Also, motivated by your post @CosmicKira, I’ve searched for something similar myself and bumped on Volta, which was also reviewed by LTT. Should get it in like a week, and will post here how those work.

1 Like

My wfh space

20 Likes

Nice! Someone is ambidextrous. My left hand is totally useless if not holding my lidded coffee cup.

6 Likes

Loll

2 Likes

I am ready for the Ghost of Christmas

21 Likes

Since my newly born daughter is a little too sensitive to the Topre thock (she’ll be sleeping next to me in my home office throughout the day while I work) I decided to bring out my super silent daily driver from a couple of years ago. An old picture, but nothing has changed:

Specs:
Leopold FC660M PD

• Aluminum Case
  • MOD-H (Tactile)
  • QMX Clips
  • enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro
  • enjoypbt Sakura
  • Koffing
  • Zaku

As much as I’ve moved away from MX style switches, this thing always serves a purpose because of how quiet it is.

22 Likes

Are the QMX Clips really that effective, or just comparative to unsilenced Topre? I’d love to hear a sound test.

MOD switches are usually pretty pingy and I never found them to be very quiet, though to be fair the board I tried them in had a steel plate.

After school is soooooo fun looks fantastic!

1 Like

Something a little ambitious and moody :sweat_smile:

27 Likes

18 Likes

Hypnotic

2 Likes

Alice couture + honeywell

24 Likes