What is on your desk today?

I can relate, you know how I love my ALPS builds! Do me a favor though, if you decide to sell off your SKCM oranges & salmons keep me in mind. I am running low on decent to good condition SKCM Oranges & would always be glad to grab more of both types! :wink:

1 Like

Enjoy the weekend with my keeb (ID80, U4T switches and GMK Valentines) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Somehow I’ve lost the “G” key in my Modo set… :neutral_face:

So here is Modo mods with Minimal alphas on the @norbauer Heavy-9.

26 Likes

Had to try with Columbia

19 Likes

Try it with only blue caps

1 Like

That is gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Tex Shinobi and Goldtouch number pad.

16 Likes

trackpoint and mouse? two handed mousing!!

1 Like

So much lovely tech, but I must say … that coaster tho. :star_struck:

2 Likes

That Borg Cube of a PC tho :ok_hand:

4 Likes

serious question about this setup, I had one like it once and found the lights in the case way too distracting, and got glare from them on the monitor when it was dark in the room, are these not issues for you?

2 Likes

And a trackball. :wink:

Edit: I’m pretty sure I have a RIS. Hence the reason for the different types of mice.

My wife’s friend made them for her. :slight_smile:

I set the brightness on the LED’s to their lowest settings (Corsair software), so it’s more of a soft glow. I’ve never noticed it causing a glair on the monitors. EDIT: My monitors are also have a mat finish / anti-glare coating. LG 34UC89G-B & LG 32GK650F-B.

Plus I typically have some form of light going behind the monitors. Currently it’s just the lamp. Eventually I will put some form of bias lighting behind the main monitor.

8 Likes

Had to leave out the deskmat today but it gives me an excuse to practice my keyboard photography! Recently did a switch hot swap (you can hear it in another one of my posts). Cut off any wires in the background; the most recent macbook pros have the worst cable management on earth lol

9 Likes

45g stock FC660c in the new TX case. Sounds really nice. I’m impressed. I’ve got some pink deskeys domes I’m going to try out in this one some day.

18 Likes

Mode80 Celestial with GMK Noel.

The POM plate was a bit difficult to work with in the compression mount, but the thock is impressive.

20 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Finally got those Pewters lubed up & threw my Instant60 setup back together to give them a go. I got them in my Klippe (4 post setup) on an alum plate with no foam or dampening. I lubed the Pewters with 3204 & even lubed the legs + leaves cause I was going for smoothness over tactility. Then the usual 105 on the springs, kept the stock 58.5g springs.

Overall I gotta say I am very impressed by the Pewters. Once properly lubed they quiet down a lot & actually have a really nice sound IMO. They are more on the higher pitched side, because of their PE mix housings but not obnoxiously so to me. They have a nice pop that really gets you into a rhythm typing on them. The feel is great, I would say these are closer to ergo clears than browns in tactility. They were very smooth stock. So while lube does help them feel even a little smoother yet, it honestly helps more with sound. All in all these switches reminded me that a lightly tactile MX switch can be very nice when done properly!

The only complaint I’d have is some of mine were pretty heavily overlubed from the factory. But using a tissue to wipe the stems & a fresh paint brush to wipe out the bottom housings was more than good enough to allow it to be lubed over. I’d say if you want a really nice light tactility switch I’d grab some of these before they are gone!

6 Likes

Love the Shinobi it’s one of my favorite boards, super handy on the couch with the bluetooth addon.

3 Likes

I keep switching caps on this. Mill-maxed it over the weekend as well, just trying to make sure it stays working and me happy forever.

22 Likes

this looks awesome! what are the mods? PIP and Pulse?

1 Like