What is on your desk today?

Sir Cheddar creation again, beautifull!

2 Likes

$#@!-ing cute. Keyboard spotlight, genius. I’m gonna need to try this. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I wish new trackcap day didn’t feel like a sacrifice to the gods…

6 Likes

this is a Yoda, right? Do you have to modify the G,H,B keycaps yourself or did they come like that? If the came like that what are the options for swapping keycaps?

It’s a Tex Shinobi. I modified the G H and B keys to fit.

1 Like

ah. that must’ve been a little painful :confused:

modified GHB is dangerous I hear

1 Like

It was surprisingly easy. I used a battery powered dremel and a couple of carbide bits that I got from amazon. Took off a little, did a test fit, then rinse and repeat, until it fit.

1 Like

Godspeed on blue-gray Noxary 280. Lubed and filmed blacks with 5mm polycarbonate plate.

Not sure I like the color combo but I hadn’t ever mounted Godspeed on anything. I think the subtle blues here get overstated when combined and detract from the aesthetic.

10 Likes

Royal Kludge RK987 (bluetooth) w/ double shot PBT Dolche-style keycaps along with the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse – $50, $25 and $15 respectively from Amazon.com.

(TTC Cherry-like brown switches soldered in.)

5 Likes

Those caps look delightfully chonky to type on.

1 Like

I almost think it might work better without the accent colors, but yeah I think it might looks really good with something a bit more muted

Also, how is it??? I haven’t hardly seen anything from people who have actually gotten theirs and am still over here waiting for mine

Pixelpusher, yeah I love it so much better than the Apple Magic Keyboard I just bought recently (and returned). Apple only offers the silver aluminum keyboard with white keys and a white mouse. They also offer a space gray with black keys. Both didn’t match my Mac Mini M1 and I wanted something that matched and bluetooth. I looked on Amazon for like 2 days for a decent bluetooth keyboard and couldn’t find one. So I decided to go custom mechanical. I just about cried out of joy typing on this compared to the cheap feeling Apple Magic Keyboard. Plus the magic keyboard is too thin to put in my lap and wobbly since it is so wide. I often use my keyboard reclined in recliner, with mouse on the arm of the chair.

3 Likes

I’ve never had a typing experience quite like it. I own 3 other Noxary boards and they are all low in the front, but this one is even lower maybe? Anyway, the result when typing is that the reverberations travel through the bottom of the case very strongly. It’s the thuddiest (if that’s a word) board I’ve ever come across. It’s quite unique and enjoyable. Maybe the small feet on it aren’t enough to keep the body off my mat?

Anodizing is the best I’ve ever seen on a keyboard. Not even hook marks visible on the inside.

Dang that sounds awesome

Noxary boards always classy

1 Like

MT3 also goes really well with some medium-tactiles.

I have them on some 65 G TX [14mm] Ergo Clears right now, and they are excellent. Deep sound from the filmed switches + resonant MT3 keycaps. I can feel the pushback and tactility, but it’s not as extreme as the Bobas.

Helpful on keyboards like the Rakk Lam Ang Pro, which have North-facing switches and conflict with Cherry-profile.

MT3 is great on my 55 G U4T Bobas, but I prefer the Ergo Clears.

2 Likes

Kara on my my desk at work that I now see could really use a good cleaning

11 Likes

How is it so far?

1 Like

Something small on the desk today:

15 Likes

it’s very nice, I wish I had a dampener or weight or something inside, it does sound a bit hollow. Nothing some foam shouldn’t be able to fix

1 Like