What is on your desk today?

I swear, I thought they were a DSA set :laughing:

15 Likes

Finally spiffed up my G80-1800! Replaced the stabilizers with Durock V1 screw in stabs lubed with Carbon GS2 (I used GS2 on all parts in order to keep a more stock type feel since I did not lube the switches). Pulled out the MX Clear stems, filmed the switches with Deskey films, swapped the springs to 55g progressive ones, then replaced the stems with Invyr V1 batch 3 PE stems. I also put a little shelf liner under the PCB to better wedge it in the case & provide a small amount of sound dampening. Overall very happy with the end result! It sounds much better than it did stock, but can be easily put back into its stock configuration!

18 Likes

Dorp CTRL w/ “bronze” high-pro case

Mistel WoB keycaps, accented with blank wooden caps from a KBDFans set

Mixture of Unholy True frankens on the alphas, and another frankenswitch I’m evaluating on the rest.

This is a hefty keeb - but the rounded edges make it very easy to deal with, even on my lap at the couch. The integrated plate makes this a very stiff chassis; absolutely zero flex. Not my normal cup of tea, but it actually works quite well with these switches, which I tend to just barely bottom-out on, if at all.

8 Likes

SCHOGETTEN!!!

Beste

That is a nice colour on the board, that has a integrated plate yes?

1 Like

Such a lovely combo

9 Likes

Thanks! No actually it’s plateless
s. It’s a OG Cherry G80-1800HEU.

A smattering of things today.

My “Copre” board is now in it’s final form:

• old acrylic 5 degree case
  • pre-retooled GMK stabs (205g0 + BDZ marshmallow cream)
  • Cherry silent blacks (tx films, 3204) with 15g Sprit Supreme springs + TG3 dust protector “dome” sheet
  • Boba U4’s (doughnut dipped 62g springs) in the mods
  • SP xFilco R3 SA in Navy (the warm lighting makes them look a tad purple in the pic)

Space65 CyberVoyager:

• e-white
  • c3 Olivia stabs (205g0 + Permatex)
  • H1’s (Deskeys films, 205g0) with TX 67g 14mm (short) springs
  • DSA Vilebloom (perfect profile for shallow angled boards like this one)

My tester off to the right has some Akko Blue Ocean switches lubed with 3204, spring swapped with TX 62g 16mm (long) springs. They are pretty good for the price ~$0.30 a piece shipping included. The springs that they shipped with are too light for my tastes and worse yet are progressive which really sucks the tactility out of the stem. The springs that I swapped in brings that tactility back. The bump isn’t overly round nor sharp, and isn’t that long. They kind of feel like a V1 Zealio if the bump was at the top of the press. I’m going to mod up a bunch and throw them in a hotswap board to get a better impression of them in a build.

Finally, I snagged those two ceramic dishes from our regional DIY/Home Improvement store for screws and the like. They are saucers for tiny plant pots, but work great for my purposes. They aren’t magnetic of course, but look good as they are meant to be decorative and they were only $1.29 a pop. Thought that I would mention this in case someone was looking for a similar cheap solution.

7 Likes

Case: Tofu with tire-weights and layers of tissues.
Keycap: ePBT 9009
Switch: polished Retooled blacks filmed and lubed w/205g0
Plate: custom POM plate

Hyperglides sounds great in polycarb Tofu but was too clacky in aluminum Tofu so went with retooled blacks instead. Sounds and feels fantastic.

11 Likes

Tsangan :green_heart:

2 Likes

I refreshed my Chiffre with a new, painted top layer and some N9 modifier keys. Such a joy to type on this thing.

15 Likes

What is on your desk today?

Nothing. #deskless :smiley:

… and a wireless hhkb on the mounted tray.

27 Likes

Wow, love this.

2 Likes

It seems so futuristic :).

2 Likes

Reworked my U80-A again. Out with the Boba U4’s, and in with the freshly de-silenced TTC Bluish Whites. I was also waiting for the switch swap to open up Nautilus R2.

10 Likes

This is the most clean my desk has been in a long time :innocent:

28 Likes

did a budget(-ish) build for my lil bro (fascinated but not in the hobby), using hex.3c (from blind box extras sale), leftover boba u4 rgb (changed to gateron milky yellows) and a dz60

21 Likes

Norbauer Heavy-9 Royal Wrinkle
GMK hero

(Trying to spend a few weeks to see if I can adjust to WKL)

15 Likes

Second day of my new job, decided to bring some stuff to work today.

15 Likes

Congrats buddy! We proud of you. :green_heart:

That board would definitely have me inviting the new guy to lunch.

6 Likes