love that clean board with wide bezels, yummm

2 Likes

in space, no one can hear you scream…

10 Likes

Picture is from the other day, but still on my desk today haha

12 Likes

TX60 Antique Copper with SA 1976.

12 Likes

Is this what the winga-dinga generation feels when they see a nice hot-rod roll by?

nod2

2 Likes

My desktop has the same basic config at the moment. A fall-back Drop ALT while I learn how to use my new Corne in the recent tenting IMK case. Those thumb clusters though! And the extreme curve to the alphabet rows… very interesting! And what are those two mirrored dials or joysticks? Love it!

1 Like

Dimple+ with stainless steel plate and foot, stacked acrylic case, and mauve linears, durock v2 stabs, and topped with SA row 3 mitospeed

10 Likes

What is this amazing artisan?

1 Like

it’s the battlecry aftermath, from a guy in the Philippines: https://www.instagram.com/markeysph/. he doesn’t ship overseas (higher shipping due covid accdg to him) so had to get someone there to purchase locally and forward to me

1 Like

5 Likes

The wife got me this sweet new deskmat and a KBDPad MKII for Fathers Day. I built it up with Hyperglides that have been lubed wit h205g0 and have a 67g, 2 stage long spring in them. It’s nice to have a proper numpad for work use.

12 Likes

One hell of a mat.

6 Likes

totally agreed- I want one of those…!

Got a PCB that allowed me to convert my Klippe to a gummy worm mount similar to a Bakeneko or Unikorn. Short Build Log

Overall, I am pretty happy with this build.

The sound is the biggest improvement. Surprisingly, I would say that the board had more flex with my POM plate as a tray mount. I removed the center stand-offs, so there was a lot of flex in the middle as a tray. It was more focused around the space bar and above in a bell curve type shape. The gummy worm mod seems to be more bouncy and flex-y consistently across the whole board. Not sure if changing my o-ring material or hardness would have an effect on the flex. Anyone with experience on this want to weight in?

Thanks!

9 Likes

This is amazing and stuff I absolutely love about this hobby. :star_struck:

I missed the last Klippe drop (huge regrets) but still wanted to try and o-ring a tray mount. I picked up one of those older anodized cases since they had similar stand-offs along the top and bottom of the case edge where the Tofu looks to have machined them away to make room for the battery or something.

I hope this will make for a decent substitute. Do you have a storefront link for the PCB?

Unfortunately I don’t. However I can provide you with these IC links. One is for the PCB I received, and another was a similar effort but by someone else.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/n17jpb/ic_merro60_pcb_gummy_oring_for_tofu_klippe_t/
and
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/mlf4ck/ic_nappe_oring_gasket_mount_mod_pcb_for/

The Merro60 stated that he was hoping to run the GB around August. Sounds like some RL issues pushed it back.

1 Like

Got an old favorite out of the garage today

10 Likes

So, after a bit of tweaking, I think this board is in a good place. Serendipitously, the coating on this Wave keycap nicely matches Synthwave.

12 Likes

Nice. I thought it was a DIP switch there for a second. lol

2 Likes

Bahaha. That would be wild…but now I want to see it done :upside_down_face:

1 Like