What is on your desk today?

20 Likes

Built this yesterday with black U4T switches. Tis thocky

24 Likes

Oh my. What a stunner. :green_heart:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I periodically search for CA66 on sale for a decent price, still no luck :persevere:

1 Like

Fwiw it was one of the few boards I’ve disliked enough to sell, the sound was way too echoey for me (it’s completely hollow) and then I had issues with the PCB and got absolutely no support.

It does look great though

I have heard the same. :persevere: Seems like a lot of TLC is needed to get it to sound decent. I don’t really want to pay ~400-500$ for a board that needs that much lovin’. The look is killer though. Maybe that Vortex board will be a nice middle ground…

1 Like

Definitely one of those specific boards for specific people. Once a person who wants one has one, it’s not as likely they’ll let it go lol

• words of a CA66 owner
2 Likes

looks really nice! I am just waiting for Rama to revise the mounting to the mute mount because I like the feel of it than integrated plate.

1 Like

I am unsung Zilents on my CA66 to „avoid“ the hollow sound.
I love the look of the board and it is a looker in our office.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the powder coating or the new foam they include, but my CA66 is truly one of the best sounding boards I’ve built. In fact, the sound is one of my favorite things about it.

Here’s a short clip with the black U4Ts. This is taken with my iPhone from about 6 inches away:

8 Likes

I completely agree. I managed to find one last month and it’s the closest I’ve got to finding my perfect board. None of the others get a look in now.

2 Likes

What is the plate material in that sounds test?

This has a brass plate with stock Boba U4T. The kit includes plate foam and a thin layer of adhesive foam to stick to the bottom of the case. I didn’t use the plate foam this time.

2 Likes

Gosh. I wish we had better understanding of what makes a case sound better than other cases.

5 Likes

This is really interesting to hear - thought that brass plates were a little out of favor due to the harshness and higher pitch sound, but this sound test was great! Seems like the CA66 actually does a great job with bringing out the sounds in the U4T

2 Likes

Nobody steal my idea but go ahead and steal it. I want to install a guitar pickup into a keyboard and hook it up to an amp and see what happens. Like would it even do anything?

4 Likes

I’m just gonna leave this here

4 Likes

So you’re saying it would work… :joy:

1 Like

Or like just install a mic in there. I don’t have any mx boards but the R2 has a big enough opening for the cable where one could put an amp or mic or something.