What is on your desk today?

Wow, I am impressed with the quality !
Looks like doing it’s own injection-grade like quality of plastic pieces is becoming a reality:)

Are the tolerances comparable ?

EDIT:

Wait a minute, a 300$ resin printer did that ???

1 Like

Please allow me to point out, that the Mars 2Pro can be had for around $200 these days. And it’s successor, the Mars 3 ($300) is capable of even finer details.

Once you decide on the resin and ‘dial-in’ the settings, mainly exposure, you should be able to reproduce within 0.05 to 0.1 mm range. There are various methods to calibrate the resin.

Let it be said, it’s quite a messy process, but the results can be very very good.

8 Likes

Jusssst sitting here waiting on staebies.

8 Likes

This marks the fifth day of printing — time for a small break. My family has been more than understanding :heart: I’m looking forward to finishing the remaining three batches.

Since this set is inspired by vintage Japanese Topre and NEC keyboards, for which I was unable to trace their origin, I choose the name Sachiko as it was my stepgrandmother’s name and my only personal connection with Japanese Culture.

29 Likes

Just sublegend swap away from Space Cadet!

2 Likes

Those look so great, how long does it take to print that?

1 Like

@exen904 I’ve been taking notes and here’s the run-down in minutes per day, which results in 12 x 1U keycaps.

15: setup and resin mixing
45: calibration print and verification
240: keycaps print (12)
30: washing print and cleanup
60: drying and post curing print
30-60: legend infill and cleanup

adds up to 5,5 hours of machine time and around 2 hours of manual labour :smiley:

Adding more printers to run in parallel would help in scaling. Or larger printers, but that would require new cleaning equipment.

11 Likes

bloody amazing breakdown sir and quite impressive for just “shifts and giggles” :joy:

1 Like

I may have to add, the “Shifts and Giggles” was only directed towards printing a Topre housing. Because I had little hope it would actually function correctly. Which it does amazingly well, btw.

3 Likes

One of the most sublime typing experience I’ve ever had

17 Likes

20 Likes

Is that a Keycult No 1 from Originative?

No, it’s a Rev. 2 (Burgundy/Polished SS) ((with GMK Pristine))

2 Likes

Gotcha. Coincidentally I have a No 1 on my desk right now. This is the Type Machina version from Originative. Very similar color:

7 Likes

12 Likes

Ooh, that is quite similar. Beige Cyrillic is like PB&J with that board :innocent:

This is a really nice combo too. I feel like I haven’t seen many Pink on Navy pics in the wild yet.

3 Likes

4 Likes

23 Likes

That’s beautiful, but I don’t recognize the logo or board. Tell me more you wouldn’t mind?

1 Like