Looks great, can’t wait for mine to arrive. What type did you get?
Mine was the rough finish. Which isn’t, in the end, as rough as I expected.
Do you like it? I only have one smooth as comparison once mine arrives, and also ordered the rough for something new.
They took me a little bit of time to get acclimated. I think most people either love them or hate them.
Both a curse and a (wallet) blessing!
Yeah, I guess when I was thinking rough, I pictured something like an actual rug. So the finish isn’t that satin smooth, but has a little more tooth to the texture. It’s no where near as rough as my wool felt deskmat I had been using.
The skirt height on this layout’s bottom row usually ends up looking a bit wonky, especially when comparing the 1.25u mods with the 1u ones and arrow keys. We good now though, thank you NicePBT.
Talk about falling ass backwards into accidentally matching up colorways. Lol.
Is that a wooden case? How does it sound? It looks really nice!
Indeed. That there is the Tofu60 in walnut. On it’s own, it’s feather light, so a brass plate really adds some much needed weight and enough density to properly muzzle as much of that reverb making it’s way out of the porous case materiel. It sounds like fingers tapping on a hardwood floor or door – really deep and knocky without being loud or rattly. As far as wooden goes, MK Millings might be a next level option.
Put some tireweights into Tofu’s battery cutout. Together with brass plate, the result case should weight respectably.
I literally used these on a budget build earlier today.
intriguing! thanks for the extra explanation, too, I hadn’t considered the density of the wood…which is now obvious, off course 
those MK Millings case are quite beautiful, too!
Lilac Ciel60 by Chickenman
waffling60 pcb by 4pplet
Carbon Fiber Half Plate from Carolina Mech
35a S O-Ring from GraveShift
KTT Rose Switches
JTK Debut/Purple on White/Whatever you want to call it. (The first JTK set)
Thanks to @techbeezin, who inspired me to look into REALFORCE layouts for URSA, here’s my first spark of imagination. I hope, I have created something respectful of Ryan’s work with the Norbaforce.
Producing this set will challenge me in new ways, most of which is to part with it when done, as I have neither the need for a TKL nor a Norbaforce to marry the set to. But I’m looking forward to exploring optimizations to the production process — once the climate conditions allow for production to begin.
Thank you all and have a great weekend — I’ll keep you posted.
Andreas
Needless to say, this is a render to visualize and bring into reality.
This is just fantastic and not just because I have the Topre disease. The profile of your keycap design is very visually pleasing to me. I think these would look great on any mechanical keyboard.
Such an amazing color way! Happy to help challenge you! They’re gonna look fantastic!
Thank you. Before long, you will ‘feel’ my appreciation for showing me the way to Utoprea — Home of Cup Rubber.












