What is on your desk today?

NuPhy Fleeting Gold light tactiles

I’m trying them in my good old original Portico, and I’m really liking them. As I mentioned in the mail day thread, these remind me of Akko POM Browns - that is I think they are very smooth and clean light tactiles right from the container.

They do come in an unnecessarily nice sealing plastic container - though not the same one the last few switches I got from NuPhy came in.

8 Likes

GMK Serika is pure beauty :grinning:

2 Likes

A low profile (kailh choc V2) TKL, except the top row which is normal full height switches.
The case is 3D printed. The keycaps are SP SA which kind of makes the result not so low profile after all.
But I like the look.

22 Likes

Wow. I’ve never seen a 3d printed TKL. Is this your design? Looks great!

5 Likes

Thanks.
Yes, both the PCB and the case are my own designs.

6 Likes

Super cool… I always enjoy seeing something bespoke like this. It looks great! I love the sweeping form and the color - makes me think of 60’s / 70’s sci-fi.

How do you like short travel with the tall keys? I’m also pretty curious what it sounds like.

3 Likes

The sound is actually ok. I was afraid it would sound hollow and cheap so I glued bitumen sound dampening mat on everything inside the case, PCB included.

The travel is 3 versus 4mm so yes it’s a bit shorter, but I think I can get used to it. But I do hit the bottom rather hard at the moment…

4 Likes

What kind of 3d printer do you have? Were you able to print the entire thing at once, or is there a seam I’m missing?

3 Likes

That curves :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

There is a seem in the middle, reinforced with four 100mm long 3mm threaded rods.
The seem is not visible now though, not after all the sanding and spray putty, sanding again and paint and matt lacquer.

The printer was an Ender-3 S1.

Here one can see the rods before gluing it all together.

19 Likes

Very cool! What about the mounting method? Is there a plate? Very fascinated by this project.

3 Likes

It’s PCB only. The keycaps goes down so far when pressed that they almost hit the PCB, so a plate is not an option with SA keycaps. I guess you need some special keycaps for plate mount.

6 Likes

Looks damn good!

1 Like

This is lovely. Sharing projects like this one makes me enjoy KeebTalk the most. Great work.

Btw, 0.1 mm layer height in that curve?

3 Likes

Thanks, I printed the case standing up on the right/left side. That way the curved area is printed without layer steps.

The pins sticking out are for support holding the case still while printing.

15 Likes

MODE Envoy

• Green case, copper weight, walnut accent
  • Prevail Epsilon switches
  • TX AP V4 stabilizers
  • DCX Skiidata
  • Stock carbon fiber plate
  • Lattice block mounts
  • Foam between PCB & plate (switch & case foam omitted)

A few more photos, some thoughts

I like the look of most keyboards I own, but this one’s on another level. I’ve had Skiidata in mind for this keyboard since I first picked the color, and I’m really happy with how they work together. I’m not sure if the meh phone photos do it any justice, but I wanted to share my enjoyment of this keeb, lazy Sunday and all.

I don’t have a woodland cabin - but if I did, this is the keyboard I’d use there.

Dark green + grey + orange accent has been a favorite colorway of mine for a long time, and being able to do-up a keyboard with it has me quite pleased.

Sticking with the orange theme, Epsilons seemed like an ideal choice here.

Yep, I love it.

As a side note, I also love the TX AP stabs. Softer stuff on the stem insides and better tolerances than V3, which were good already. Now I stink at stabs - and this is the first time in a while I was totally satisfied on the first try with a linear build. That’s a big yay for me. :slight_smile:

So - it was an Alexotos VOD about this keeb that piqued my interest, specifically the sound. I’d seen the lattice blocks, and even seen some cool accent images - but when I heard that sound is when I seriously started to consider buying one of these. I’m with Alex here - in the world of specimens that wouldn’t get removed from r/customkeyboards, this is one of the best values I’ve ever seen. Maybe not the best value for functionality or even typing quality (though that’s impressive, too) - but the best value for a real degree of luxury and aesthetic refinement.

Not the best recording, but here’s an idea of what my build sounds like:

Gotta say, this is one of the most expectations: met keyboard experiences I’ve had in a while, and I’m delighted to have the Envoy in my collection. Every time I walk in the room I look at it at think, “man, that’s cool” - and unlike a few of my other favorite-looking keyboards, this one sounds fantastic and is wonderful to type on.

Edit:

Oh hey, it matches my favorite controller!

15 Likes

Love that walnut accent!

5 Likes

Ugh… I can’t wait till my Envoy arrives. I ordered last Friday, so it might still be awhile. I also got the same combo of green case, with walnut accent and copper bottom. Going to use MTNU Susu whenever that gets here.

3 Likes

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ**。。・゜゜・。。・゜ :heart: MT3 Serika :heart:

13 Likes

I gotta say, watching everyone get their Envoy builds posted this week has me watching my email for a shipping notification like a hawk.

I have a green and copper spec coming, but also added the walnut accent as well, and after seeing yours, I’m glad I did. Also picked up a polycarb one as well because it looks fun.

This board has been fighting for the top spot of my most anticipated board this year, and hearing from you that it doesn’t disappoint assuaged my fear, but has intensified my impatience!

:+1::+1:

4 Likes