Hasu BT PCB
KBDfans Silence X rings
KBDfans Dark grey Japanese PBT caps
Hotkeyproject blanks

Switch tester/break-in board:
Black Tofu
GMK WOB
Novelkey Creams
BIOI G60BLE hotswap PCB (no battery yet for BT functionality)
KBDFans poly plate
Deathcap - Bad luck

4 Likes

Put DCS Toxic on my ACR60 resurrected & gotta say I’m shocked at how much I actually like the caps! From the few DCS novelty keys I had I always assumed they’d feel no better than the cheap Tai-Hao ABS doubleshot sets. Boy was I was wrong! DCS is still very thin & loud keycaps, so I wouldn’t recommend putting them on a stiff board. Although if you have some flexy boards or that’s just your style period DCS shines with flexy setups IME so far!

The PCB & Plate (alum.) of the ACR60 are super swiss cheese to support a crazy amount of layouts, so it is a flexy build right out gate no matter what you do. Mechkeys.CA tried to make up for that by strategically placing the standoffs in non standard positions, but it didn’t really help all that much IME. I decided to take it one step further & chopped the center standoff out of my case to make it even more flexy. Which worked out almost too well, it is a super flexy typing experience for a fully plated build, but GMK & SA caps had a kinda harsh feel that I didn’t notice before throwing this set DCS on!

The harshness of GMK & SA on flexy setups isn’t really something to worry about though. There really isn’t a big difference between the three harshness wise. The DCS just seems to feel a little softer & more forgiving to me compared to the other two.

7 Likes

My endgame set. Ive wanted Necro since I got into GMK and today I finally got it.

11 Likes

I love that keyset :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where did you get the milk cartons. Ive Seen them recently but cant remember where :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I printed them myself! I am the manufacturer of them for this GB and they are the prototypes!
https://kingly-keys.xyz/collections/group-buys-of-yore/products/gb-2-milk-a-lactose-inspired-macro-pad?variant=29730440216679

1 Like

I think they are really cool. Any chance these come back for a round 3?

hopefully! we are going to run an IC after the fulfillment for r2 is done and gauge interest then!

Nice, im down.

1 Like

16 Likes

You should consider Colemak on the keyboard.io! I think that would be more helpful :smiley:

Unless you’re already Colemak on it than :+1:

:eyes:

Hit us with some pics of that leaf mount plate

1 Like

My thoughts exactly, please & thank you if you can @TaehaTypes!

Some cool stuffs on my desk today :blush:

7 Likes

13 Likes

Wow, now that is a showpiece! Goddamn! You need the white spacebar for Jamon, I think it would set this board off into the stratosphere if it ain’t already there, LOL!

Is that case hydro dipped?

No, it is very advanced anodization techniques commonly used to custon color air guns.

You can find an example below:
https://pbbucket.com/post/130454/Custom-Anodized-Luxe-Ice

Fell free to browse the web, many people are doing awesome ano work on air guns :wink:

1 Like

Board: Borsdorf - Designed by DarthWTF, manufactured and cerakoted by salvun
Plate: Fixed layout specifically for AEK II caps in carbonfiber
Switches: Salmon Alps, restored and lubed by Jae
Stabs: Salvaged from an AEK II, lubed with Permatex
Keycaps: OG AEK II ISO-DE

12 Likes

I’ve been doing my best to avoid the Alps money pit, but this sexy board is like a demon on my shoulder whispering “Go on. You know you want to.”

1 Like