What is on your desk today?

What are those btw?

Carbon feet removed from OG BKE domes. You need to remove these carbon feet in order to use the domes on a regular Topre keyboard.

2 Likes

Oh, OG bke, nice, Didn’t know they had these things.

Freshly Cerakoted

10 Likes

What’s the texture feel like? Looks smooth and matte

1 Like

Smooth for the majority with a couple of rough spots. Definitely not as smooth as the previous anode.

1 Like

Really outstanding color combination

1 Like

My old ACR60 getting some BOX Navies taken off then getting some MD HPs put on.

Finished product rocking JTK Toxic. I did the sorbothane strut mod this time around & used a MK Ultra foam insert under the PCB. Overall I am very happy with the results so far. It’s not quite as loud as your average Holy Panda boards thanks to the strut mod & MK Ultra foam, it has a very nice light & flexible typing experience thanks to the plate being swiss cheese & me removing the middle standoff in the case, Definitely a different style for me, but I am liking it so far!

5 Likes

Trying to decide if this is a repair project, or harvest project

19 Likes

Depends on how confident you are in your repair skills. I’m a harvest kind of guy myself.

1 Like

There is a US quarter sized crack/hole on the bottom… it’ll be a tough one. I plan on opening the whole board up and investigating further tonight. It does have a speaker like the pingmasters though which would be nifty if I could salvage that.

3 Likes

Either way it looks like a nice score even if you end up just getting some caps, switches, & stabs from it. Those caps are fire! :eyes:

1 Like

Taking it apart to inspect is probably best course of action. Good call.

1 Like

I wish there were MX stems with just flat mounting surface (stem-mount?) to glue into old non-MX keycaps after removing outdated keycap stems with a Dremel, preferably with popular mounting angles to account for keycaps designed for curved backplates.

Rough surfaces can be covered with epoxy putty and consistency can be handled somewhat by mounting them on a row with something heavy on top at the desired angle while drying. The idea behind using adhesive pad, like those used with tire weights, is to reduce bottom out impact. I however don’t know if it’ll work as expected.

A lot of hassle, yes, but all those nice thick keycaps will go unused otherwise.

4 Likes

Thank you!

I love that convex bottom row.

Finally rebuilt my ACR60 with some MD HPs, used MK Ultra case foam between the case & PCB, & the sorbothane strut mod for between the plate & PCB. It turned out great for what was a really noisy board before, need to get a typing test up of this one! Although I originally built it with BOX Navies so sound dampening wasn’t really a consideration at that time, LOL! I also managed to score a SA Pulse R3 Icon Hobbyist kit to match with the rest of my SA Pulse set & I gotta say the Micons breathe new life into the set! Looks much sleeker than the text mods IMHO.

4 Likes

Using the Canoe at the moment :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Brutal60 r3 w/ 35g Creams and MT3 Godspeed

4 Likes

I’m teaching myself to type Colemak on the Plaid, but when I’m not, I’m typing on the Keyboard.io.

8 Likes