What is on your desk today?

Sirius, Gat yellows lubed with MCG 129, Oblivion Mono, & my Stars deskmat (available on Novelkeys)

11 Likes

Looks really clean on white & without the blue accent keys bud! Oh I finally got a shipping notice for my Oblivion V2 order, should be here fri! :relieved:

1 Like

what do you think about the sirius? I might be able to purchase one, but I’m on the fence. How would you compare it to other keyboards you own?

I know I love my sirius, one of my favorite keyboards from last year. I thought the pom would feel light and cheap, and I was surprised at how sturdy it really was.

1 Like

Anyone tried Sirius with RGB underglow? I know UHMW defuses light amazingly well as can be seen in the video below so I’m wonder if POM does too.

4 Likes

The long wait for one thing is almost over! If the other stuff would hurry up as well, that would be grand :smiley:

1 Like

My collection and experience is yet very humble, not so sure how valid my personal opinion would be.

The case feels really nice, has a very slight texture to it. It’s light enough to be nice for travel, if needed, but heavy enough to feel solid on your desk (as Neb mentioned). It’s a little flexy and a bit bouncy with the POM plate, but doesn’t feel mushy or anything.

I would definitely suggest PBT over ABS as it felt and sounded a lot nicer to me (Muted PBT made a swift return after photos, and a little typing).

It hits a nice price point too, so could probably always sell it for a small loss if you’re not into it.

3 Likes

That looks nice. I think POM is is more opaque than UHMW, but I’m not positive.

My usual Norbaforce takes the backseat today for the No2.1 with Holy Pandas.

10 Likes

The third of my Corne/Helidox builds.

Box Pale Blues and ePBT Slate in a custom (Pantone 485C) red IMK Corne case.

5 Likes

Man, I really wish I got in on one of those boards. Beautiful!

Using my newly completed Alice at work for the forseeable future.

11 Likes

love that chocolate on gray

Sorry for the potato pic, Oblivion striped anyone?

11 Likes

I like it, but in my mind i want it to go the other way

1 Like

6 Likes

A rare Xeno appears!

Still more than antsy to get mine, but I also know I’ll probably wait to build it until pwner runs the 1/2 PC plates.

Fingers crossed that 2020 is the year I get my Xeno, lol.
Is Huey trying to make his actually look eggplant purple :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s a really nice layered build. Brushed steel or alu? And you did this yourself?

So I decided to try ortholinear keeb

PCB: (self designed) ATMega32u4, QMK, USB Type-C, RGB backlight, 2 rotary encoders
Case: laser-cut acrylic sandwich
Switch: Gateron Yellow
Keycap: DSA Lingua-Franca + G20 Semiotic

Result: too many typing errors, I need a lot of practice. (not sure I want to continue because I’m afraid this might ruin my staggered keys typing)

9 Likes