What is on your desk today?

Is your PCB will need the same modifications that @jshufelt did on his build log ?

Yup! I’ll need to cut the misplaced traces by the numpad as well. Since I have an all alu case, I’m not bummed about losing my RGB underglow hehe

1 Like

I’ve been typing stuff for work on this thing all evening and it’s been :fire: life has been crazy lately and I haven’t had time to lube it up yet, I’m sure that will make it even better. The finish on this case is really hard to catch on camera, but now I totally get why it was called the “ghost of Christmas future” edition; It looks very wraith-like and immaterial irl. @norbauer really knocked it out of the park here.

15 Likes

Haha. I love it.

Thanks for the awesome feedback. I’m so glad you like it. :blush:

3 Likes

I finally built my HBCP!

Build: HBCP
Gateron inks with UHMWSJAHRNAKCHWNAH Stems
Lubed via the Huey Classic method (3204 on bottom housing and 3203 on stem). 63.5g Sprit Slow v4.2 springs
Fr4 half plate
GMK Oblivion v2

Definitely on the flexy side

11 Likes

Looks really nice with oblivion

Do you like the inks better with the UHMWLKJ(ELKJFEF(&D(F& stems?

1 Like

They are absolutely amazingly smooth. I really like inks with these stems. I don’t think they sound as well as stock, but you lose some you win some

What switches do you recommend “Huey Classic” lube for? I’m thinking about going over my Creams again with some 3204 since the 3203 still has some scratch.

I think I asked you somewhere before, but why the two lubes? Does it just produce the distinct sounds you prefer (down stroke and upstroke) or does it have to do with the feel (or both I suppose)?

Monolivia <2

This thing is perfection.

14 Likes

Wait, what? How? When? Where?

Yes we must know more about this! Did you get it plated?

This was a limited run by Ryan last year: The Heavy-6 (now resurrected in polycarbonate) - #232 by norbauer

My pal @ olivia requested if I could make her a Monolith with PVD Rose Gold. I’ve been working with the workshop (I’m visiting them again on Monday) and have been really impressed by the rose gold samples they showed me, so I added in a few extras and dubbed it the Monolivia in her honor. :slight_smile: These are all individually hand-polished to a mirror finish before being PVD coated, which is why they’re a bit more expensive.

I somehow lucked out and managed to buy one on r/mm a couple of weeks ago. :star_struck:

1 Like

I do have one of these left with a very minor cosmetic irregularity in a spot on the back. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me and I’d be happy to find it a home.

6 Likes

3onk5z

10 Likes

I dare not ask how much…

Hi norbauer, do you have any Heavy 6 Royal Wrinkle?

MT3 on Topre is heaven. ENJOY! Looks great, too.

2 Likes

A colleague keyboard on my desk, just to check that it is working before packing it.
Some of the switches were not working anymore (Greetek browns, are they supposed to be any good?), so I soldered Cherry Reds silents instead.
Tuned the stabilizers as they were super woobly in the plate; with 4 layers of electric tape they are not moving anymore.
Also lubed them and no more rattle.
Didn’t went to switch lubing, kindof scratchy as of now but things will improve once used for a while; it will be enough for a non initiated :wink:

4 Likes

Good mod. I’ve done it myself and it helps tremendously with costar rattle!

3 Likes