What is on your desk today?

It’s my first time using an Alice layout, first time using Alpacas, and first time using TX springs. I’m thoroughly impressed at this perfect storm – best typing experience I’ve had to date. On top of it all, Peripheral’s board is beautiful. Did you mean that you got in on the last GB and are waiting on it to arrive or that you were thinking about buying one in the future?

1 Like

Yes, I got in the group buy. Looks like he is saying the rest of this round will be finished within a week. Can’t wait.

Hell, yeah. Will this be your first foray into the layout as well (trying or owning)? I rotated a 75% in at work after using the Malice for a week and holy hell, did it feel cramped to type on. At first I didn’t think that the split did anything for me. Proof is in the pudding it would seem.

I have a lubrigante with zilents right now. Really like the layout.

1 Like

• Planck EZ Glow White
  • Blue Zilents V2 (Silent Tactile) - 62g
6 Likes

Threw my Instant60 build into my Noxary Night Blue T60 (the color is damn near impossible to pick up on camera unfortunately) & put my ALPS64 build back into my Klippe-T. Gotta say I’m pretty impressed with the T60 for being just a tray mount case. It only has 4 standoffs (middle left side, upper left, upper right, middle right side) so it gives for a pretty consistent & slightly flexy feel. I might even prefer this over the Klippe TBH since it sits a bit lower (thankfully I had some 2mm case foam to use with it). Still gotta get some more time with it before I can say that for sure though. Either way, it’s a really nice case for basic tray mount 60% builds IMHO!

6 Likes

Man. Every time I see those Oblivion mods I regret not buying them more and more. They look so good. Awesome build!

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I fell in love with the GIT modifiers also, definitely was worth the wait! Although even the regular set with the normal legends looks pretty fire with the multiple colors used. I think if you wait a bit, you should be able to find Oblivion V2 sets secondhand at prices fairly close to retail.

This round sold crazy numbers of the GIT & regular base sets so there shouldn’t be too much gouging on them once the hype dies down. The Monochrome kit on the other hand is gonna be one of those one that goes for crazy prices, I think only like 350 of them sold. Kinda makes me wish I grabbed one just to have, but I was already stretching my budget with the GIT base & all the extras I got for it LOL!

Decided to put MDA Big Bone on my Hades 68 while I’m looking into washers for the Cherry caps. I don’t type as fast or as accurately on these, but man do they sound and feel nice.

4 Likes

Feelin blue. Nah, not really. Thanks, Sifo. Need for more affordable and quality keycaps is real.

10 Likes

Was your space bar straight or did it need fixing? I ended up buying 2 blue sets and both had very warped space bars (sigh). I wish ePBT would just fix this issue. Other manufacturers have figured it out, why can’t they?

Had to take a hairdryer to it. Then I put it on the ePBT plastic tray with stems (have a bunch I bought from 1upkeyboards a year or two ago) to cool.

https://www.1upkeyboards.com/shop/keycaps/storage/enjoypbt-keycap-tray/

One bad thing is that now the stabilzer holes are a bit too open and I have to use plastic wrap. But they’re straight and don’t bind.

Just getting used to my new keyboard while I still use the old one

5 Likes

Oh interesting. I’m going to try that. I have one of their trays

Right now i’m using Revo whites but i’m looking for a different linear. Any recommendations? :smiley:

6 Likes

Tealios are my go to.

1 Like

Restock may be a month or two away, but C3 Tangerine R2 or Alpacas are topping my linear list as of late.

1 Like

MX Zilents (MX Black stems, zealio housing, 205g0, 62g gold springs) are literal butter to type on. They’re decently expensive if you don’t buy housings off of /r/mechmarket though.

1 Like

Alongside Tealios, I’m a big fan of Creams and Inks.

1 Like

I would love to pick up some Alpacas but they’re out of stock everywhere. I heard that Durock Linears are almost the same but with heavier spring, is it true?