What is on your desk today?

Tokyo60 v3 with kailh box white and gmk space cadet

6 Likes

HHKB Novatouched with Dev tty Triumph

11 Likes

how do you like it?

Wow, that deskmat really couldn’t be a better size for your setup. I love it!

2 Likes

How do you like the Tokyo60? I just purchased it from Drop and am concern as I heard the QMK firmware is a bit of a problem with the PCB. How is the build quality? I’m coming from an HHKB which is primarily plastic.

1 Like

I have a pair of Jelly POM keycaps somewhere around here… will take some more pics with those on once I find them hehe

1 Like

What keycaps ? Looks like Retro/9009/OG Cherry but the mods are same color … are the mods from an Alcatel keyboard or something ?

hi, what is your white keyboard?

Hey! It’s a Leaf60 in e-white finish with GMK Oblivion Monochrome.

1 Like

Love my Tokyo60. Mine is the V2. The build quality is top notch. Yes there were PCB issues with V3 - but I believe all those issues were resolved now. The QMK firmware is absolutely fine for me.

1 Like

It’s GMK Pristine :slight_smile:

1 Like

what’s your opinon on MDA profile?

what’s your opinon on MDA profile?

Definitely some mixed feelings, but mostly positive.

TL:DR; mild sculpt might make accuracy more difficult or take some getting used to, but the angle is familiar and I think the PBT examples look and feel very good.

Some thoughts on this set in particular - I think they look great, and this set is made of high quality, thick PBT plastic with a great feel. I think the sound is quite nice as well - the set really does give the impression of typing on something smooth but solid almost like stone or ivory. The dye-subbing is great quality, and while the alignment is good, it isn’t totally perfect. There is at least one ABS set floating around out there, but I haven’t gotten to try it.

About the profile itself, though:

• Familiar height and angle, fairly similar to OEM
  • Less taper / bigger top surfaces than most profiles
  • As a result the gaps between are smaller
  • Spherical sculpt, but very mild

What this all adds up to for me is a set that feels great and reasonably familiar, but that has a learning-curve when it comes to accuracy and by extension, speed. Since the sculpt is less pronounced than profiles like Cherry and OEM and the spaces between the top surfaces are smaller (more like XDA), I tend to make more errors - both due to having a little trouble feeling around the keys, and from sometimes accidentally pressing two at once. Still - it’s familiar enough that after a few days I’d gotten quite comfortable with it.

I wouldn’t call this my perfect keyset, but the combination of very high production quality, great sound and feel, and compatibility with my 65% layout make this my current daily driver.

1 Like

Link to the Past has been an important game to me for most of my life.

Had this made. Colors aren’t right but luckily the design stands regardless of color.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-ILcvjHlbo/?igshid=24z198evcohf

11 Likes

Oh wow! That is fantastic!

Love it! You play LttP randomizer at all?

I watch a lot of it on twitch but I haven’t ever tried it out. Mostly run it on BSNES

1 Like

Transitional period for this daily driver board :eyes:

11 Likes

I sense an aluminum wkl case in the near future

1 Like

My partner and I do that as well, but we also both love playing Randomizer. It’s a fun way to flex our brains :joy:

Highly recommend it.