What is on your desk today?

Finally got proper spacebars thanks to @Nebulant

7 Likes

Built and started to use this today! Getting used to the layout fairly fast surprisingly, the issue is really remembering how the punctuation layer is ordered :smile:

• Silent inks w/ 205g0
  • Brass plate
  • C3 stabs
  • miss mash of GMK Olive caps + 1 Rama cap

Still not sure about the color, it is very pretty but I can’t decide if it’s for me or not, that may change in the not too distant future.

10 Likes

Literally a new desk today. Desk is from Uplift and it’s a standing desk. Ordered it on Saturday last week and picked up at the border today. Shipped to the border as it was free shipping vs $500 to Canada. Only a 1.5ht drive so it was nice to listen to some podcasts on the way down!

12 Likes

Finally got the switches soldered on the board I used to test out vinyl wrapping and got Semiotic put on it. Unfortunately all the white means it’s really difficult getting a picture that isn’t trying to be all overexposed.
Box Jades as expected and it’s my first board (not counting macro pads and testing builds) to use QMK in ~two years. Gonna show it off at the Asheville meetup(Mar21) and I’m looking forward to using it as I fumble my way through the QMK learning process.

10 Likes

Reminds me that I have to clean my desk :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

CU80, Drop Holy Pandas, ePBT Slate

10 Likes

ISO :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

24 Likes

The C225 has been sitting on a shelf for a long time, I built it with hako true switches, which I didn’t like much at all for actual use. I ordered an mkultra foam and am planning to rebuild it, probably with mod-M or maybe tealios. I was looking at it last night and realized that I had pretty much only used it with MT3 caps, which I like the idea of but very much dislike actually typing on, so I threw on these ebt blue blanks and brought it into work for the day. I can definitely report I still don’t like the switches, but it looks great now. For some dumb reason when I put it together I didn’t lube or clip the stabs and the rattling is driving me crazy too.

5 Likes

Love those caps. Typing on stock Halo Trues is like torture for me.

1 Like

I don’t know that I’ve ever actually used halo trues, but if they’re anything like these hako trues they probably feel awful.

Sorry, meant to say Hako.

1 Like

Ah yeah. IIRC the halo and hakos are supposed to be similar I think.

They are, but I thought they were pretty different side-by-side. They follow a similar theory I guess, but the Halo Trues have that super heavy bottom-out that ramps up after actuation, and the sing-songy-est pingy springs I think I’ve heard.

Moved into a new place so desk is a mess while things are being set up. The Most important makings of my endgame Norbaforce are here though.

4 Likes

You owe it to yourself (and to that board) to resolder those switches and throw something in that you love…and lube those stabs!

1 Like

Oh hell yeah I fully intend to. I’m trying to decide about a split backspace too, it seems silly on a TKL but I’m so used to it from all but one of my other boards.

My desk has been a bit of a revolving door lately, but the office is almost empty so figured I could get away with some zealiostotles, I’m trying to get a verdict on how I feel about DSS caps. So far I’m pretty happy with them for typing but found I didn’t like playing games with them at all.

10 Likes

My good ol’ Durgod Hades 68 with silent Inks - now featuring the proper compatibility keys from the MDA Big Bone set.

8 Likes

Noxary T60 with RAMA Heavy Industry

8 Likes