What is on your desk today?

Polished this turd

Here’s my build log: [url]Took a crack at the DSI keyboard

8 Likes

Never saw such a layout. Looks like a 75% with an extra column. Does that make it a non-TKL 80%? Or even 85%? (Haven’t counted the keycaps. :smile:)

What are your key bindings for the two Escape and the ~ keys? And for that extra F key down there in the bottom row?

Hey, the desk is custom made together with my living room furniture. Got the idea from a closing Ikea desk : http://www.twanis.com/2012/05/most-practical-ikea-computer-desk-vika.html

Hey, the cable is a cheap one I found on ebay, just search for mini usb coiled cable.

it’s this one : Dash Cam Coiled Usb 2.0 MINI C DATA CHARGER CABLE Stretch 2m 5056255302722 | eBay

1 Like

I know. It’s a unique board. The original was meant to be for mac. Here’s a pic that show’s the default layout. I was just trying to fill it up the best I could.

2 Likes

I think I actually have this one. It’s pretty short and the coils are small. I wish the cable companies would offer ones with this kind of finish reminiscent of the nice old shiny chunky ones that came with the model m industrial.

1 Like

I also have one of those DSI boards. It’s reasonably nice for the price it goes for nowadays, but I was disappointed that the space bar is a nonstandard size, so you are limited with what you can do to replace the keycaps.

Those DSI boards aren’t that bad tbh. I rebuilt mine with Ergo clears and I vinyl wrapped the plate for more of a thudded sound. It turned out pretty well!

Typing sounds here:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Topre getting some well deserved vitamin D

9 Likes

Grid 600 with GMK Solarized Dark, Gateron Inks, lubed with 65g TX springs is currently in the rotation.

14 Likes

I really like this idea of using tire balance weights to raise the weight of keyboards with plastic cases. Seems as if props for this idea go to this video of Walker’s Keyboard Science.

Wanted to use that idea for my (not yet built) TKC 1800.

They’re though not that easy to get online in the big online shops. And they’re way more expensive than I thought. Around $8 to $11 for only 40g to 65g tin or 120g lead. I thought I could pack about 1kg of lead in there for maybe 20 bucks or so. But with these prices 1kg would be quite expensive…

And unfortunately the lead variant seems currently unavailable in those two online shops where I at least found them.

Maybe I should ask my car mechanic where one can get them at more reasonable prices or with bulk discount.

EDIT: I just need to look in online shops which are specifically for car mechanics and I get those things for less than $5 per kilogram. That’s more the price I thought off. :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow, Solarized dark goes perfectly with that top part & really pops with the case color! Very nice bud!

2 Likes

Thanks! At some point I’m going to try Modo on there too. I think it might work too

1 Like

Yep. Got the idea off him.

5 Likes

Wow, never uploading from my phone again… :roll_eyes::unamused:

1 Like

Took too long? Or because the images are rotated by 90° and you didn’t notice it on the phone?

Lol, yah! And they were out of order :smirk:

I thought there was a reason for not using ledd in keyboards. :thinking:

Noxary T60 with ePBT Slate is on my desk today. Sorry for the poor phone pic quality.

9 Likes