What is on your desk today?

Melody 96 with /dev/tty with kailh box brown until HP comes in to take it’s place.

11 Likes

Giving these Kiwis a proper try today after franken-switching half of them for a friend’s build yesterday. So far they seem like T1’s with extra style - no complaints there!

Edit: I’ve got some Ducky OEM caps on these and they are snappy indeed. Maybe more like a Koala than a T1 in that they seem on the lighter side to me. No issues on the return - very smooth and poppy. The bump is both smooth and pronounced, but not quite so bombastic as that of a Holy Panda.

The occasional switch does suffer from what appears to be leaf rattle and a few housing tops have some play, but overall I find these much more smooth and consistent than Koalas straight from the tub. These might be my favorite so far in the growing family of T1-likes, and I’m definitely enjoying them.

Aside about filming:

While they’re a dream for Halo housings, the Deskeys gaskets that I put on the modded Kiwis yesterday honestly didn’t look that great - I might need to revise my technique for placing them, but they were a little all over the place and being on the softer side some got distorted. Say all that to say, I’ll be putting some clear TX films in the next round, and I think those will not only look better, but maybe play a little better with these housings physically.

9 Likes

Got a set of 3 stands for monitor and speakers… and some useful things underneath.

11 Likes

My WFH setup for the moment - Niz Plum 68 with SA Ice Caps

8 Likes

Is it the 2019 switches version? How is the wobble with SA keycaps ? How about sound ? Is it loud ?

Mechanical Keyboard Care Pack ready for my son to pickup:

1. Holy Panda construction kit (YOK Mint Panda housings, Halo stems, 55g Catweewee lubed with VPF 1514)
  2. Krytox grade 0 kit (203g0, 204g0, 205g0)
  3. brush, switch stem holder
  4. GMK plate-mount stabs lubed with 205g0
  5. Epoxy clay filled space bar for hefty feel and sound.

6 Likes

Fantastic parenting imo

3 Likes

Excellent. REAL Holy Pandas! :grin:

1 Like

What a coincience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s the 2019 Bluetooth version, it’s actually not too bad, just doing a quick side by side with my Pro2 there’s very little difference if any in the wobble, certainly not enough to put me off them.
Sound wise not too bad, not disturbingly loud I’d say still got that nice thock to them but I think I still need to break them in a bit.

1 Like

Fjinally built by Fjell with GMK ASCII

14 Likes

MX:SS and M10-A have been my workhorses lately

12 Likes

Love the Sandstorm 9009 remix

1 Like

It’s hard to see in the pic but I have a little bit of green underglow too, it’s a really nice effect.

I’m sorry, you will have to add this keyboard to your collection too, to match the baguette wrist rest.

I know you are tempted because I also have that wrist rest, and I feel you are like me and buying a keyboard to match your wrist rest at this point is understandable.

5 Likes

OooooOOOOOOooooOOOOOOO yeah I have to have it. I hadn’t seen that, thanks!!

3 Likes

If you get that, please come back and keep us updated!

ARE YA READY KIDS

I CAN’T HEEAR YOOUUU

…that’s what it makes me think of, anyway.

3 Likes

Love ice caps

1 Like

That looks sharp :ok_hand:

2 Likes