What is on your desk today?

Percent Volt with GMK Coral (Coral Relief alphas). Gotta say coming back to the Volt after a month with the U80-A makes me realize just how rigid an integrated plate board feels… Zero flex at all. The only thing I prefer is the lubed T1’s I have on the Volt vs unlubed tacits on the U80-A.

7 Likes

Well I had to take them for a test drive tho they are destin for another build. =)

4 Likes

Thought giving these guys a proper try was overdue.

3 Likes

So I wanted a 65% but ended up with a 40% due to short of material, namely metal sheet. I have only a 200 x 300 mm sheet. I’m sorry for ugly design. This is because I had to reduce the size of the keyswitch plate and the bottom plate to fit the 3 plates in the sheet. I’m sorry it does not have a PCB yet. I’m sorry for cr.ppy keycaps. And potato photo quality.

7 Likes

Cool! But it’s missing the arcade stick! :wink:

Looks amazing actually!

Omg, this has become a cursed build for me. :confounded:

If we put aside all the hassle with sourced parts, my frankenswitches were a complete failure and in the process of desoldering my backspace stopped working on the pcb.
That part I could fix by putting my Yellow Ink’s back together and some wiring on the PCB.

Alright, everything works, now it’s time for the pice de resistance. My P3D Case that finally arrived! :partying_face:

F@¢% me!

One little bit of hope is still there because I ordered that inlay piece in another color that’s supposed to arrive next week. I just hope that will be correct. :tired_face:

5 Likes

Reach out to Jake on discord or email if you need still. He had an incorrect file for some of the first run Quefrency V2 cases. He caught most before they went out and reprinted them. But I know some for through. Once you get it built it’s gonna be awesome though. The board and case are great.

2 Likes

Finally put my ASCII set on a board today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFI9ru4HTDm/?igshid=12hpc4gu4qt9i

13 Likes

How do you like fully sculpted GMK?

I honestly don’t notice the difference much. It looks nice for sure.

1 Like

Finally assembled by “Slashpaw” keyboard.

13 Likes

sir do you have a license for that thing? seriously cool! any more info on where it came from?

1 Like

I designed it and ordered the PCBs from JLCPCB.

1 Like

So cool!

1 Like

Oh man, haven’t posted here in a bit.

The first few photos are of an FMJ (Built with Lubed Tealios and OG Doubleshots) I just got in a couple days ago and the next couple photos are a sesame (Built with 62g Koala’s and EPBT ABS WoB) I’m in the process of building. I sadly bought 60 instead of 70 switches so just waiting on 10 more t1 tactiles :frowning: other than that, it’s been a very eventful past couple days in the hobby!

8 Likes

I broke out my first ever keyboard build (Hydro blue Singa V3) to put some white NK PBT keycaps on and use for a few days. I built this for use in an open office space, so it has lubed V2 Aqua Zilents and the case is filled with Poly-Fil. I also used lubed Zeal stabs

4 Likes

I finally got bored of trying to find a set of Weirdos, so I built my second Basis polycarb with 62g gazzew bobas, a POM plate and the medley of KAT Milkshake keycaps you see there.

12 Likes

New keycaps arrived today.

14 Likes

I don’t know why, but having those circular cutouts in the plate for the keycaps to sink through just looks so satisfying!

7 Likes