What is on your desk today?

Let me guess. It gives you the feeling of safety.

I made the extra (top) plate to protect the keycaps. And the switches. Seen many boards damaged for exposing the switches.

3 Likes

Makes me think of the Gibson keyboard from Hackers…

1 Like

The new ewhite NK65. So clean. Surprisingly good weight to it. image

8 Likes

Nice. I haven’t seen the movie. Thanks.

I was under influence of the

and the

but the primary influencer was (of course) the 44-key Atreus.

3 Likes

Went back to GMK Red Samurai. I forgot how awesome the feel and profile of GMK is.

6 Likes

NK65 in E-White!

19 Likes

Looks great! I think CP if my fav GMK white. I have to make a real Sofie’s choice for my e-white Cyber Voyager when it arrives: Olivia++ light or dark base.

1 Like

Creamy Inks

8 Likes

Too bad you can’t have silenced creamy inks…

3 Likes

how are those? i do have a bunch of creams and gat black inks i could play around with…

2 Likes

If you don’t mind a pretty short travel, they’re really smooth and I think they have a nice sound. Definitely an adjustment coming from a full-travel switch, though.

1 Like

• Grayscale GK64xs
  • Durock Dolphin Silent Linears w/ 62g DL springs
  • Fiberglass plate

Pro Tip: you can use o-rings to dampen the harsh bottom out these boards usually have. Super bouncy feel. No need for foam.

8 Likes

Nice! I’ll have to try that. I think I’ve got a bag of o-rings somewhere…

I also recently learned that GK’s will fit in standard 60% cases - just not all the screw holes are accessible through the plate.

3 Likes

Those o rings don’t look like they would do much to me? Maybe dampen the sound a little? Wouldn’t you want them between the case and the pcb

1 Like

It’s weird. So those case standoffs protrude through these large holes, causing the PCB to come in direct contact with those rocket fin looking things. Since the PCB is basically just resting directly on the case, the o-rings help absorb the downward force while dampening (a bit) the internal ping fiberglass (PCB) against plastic (ABS) could cause.

4 Likes

I would dub them Coffee & Cream switches. The leaves peaking through give the housing that perfect java color.

2 Likes

If Gateron decides to add a tactile to the Ink line, I hope they make it a nice translucent brown - kind of like the color often seen on sunglasses frames or even those translucent rifle magazines. #teambrown

Now, if only I could figure a way to tastefully integrate a patch of shag carpet into the build…

5 Likes

Olive shag.

1 Like

They could partner up with Noctua on that. Make a whole doodoo themed setup

2 Likes

Shag rest, but don’t type too fast, you’ll get rug burn…

1 Like